Yes.

Date: 09/24/17 20:37
Re: Southwest chief question
Author: Pioneer2526

Thanks

Date: 09/25/17 10:12
Author: BobB

It's served very late, well after Fullerton, which is consistent with Amtrak's refusal to have the dining crew work before the train leaves the station (in the old days meals were available at the regular time, even if the train hadn't left yet). I usually get on at Fullerton, after coming in from LAX in the morning and spending the day wandering around watching the trains and stretching my legs. I've learned to get a restaurant meal before the train arrives and forgo the dinner in the diner. This is particularly important when standard time is in effect, as you lose an hour before breakfast the next morning. Dinner at 7:30 or 8:00 p.m. (or later) followed by breakfast at the equivalent of 6:00 or 6:30 a.m. doesn't do it for me.

Date: 09/25/17 17:03
Author: ProAmtrak

If you were coach you always had dinner later, I flip flop between eating on the train or getting something at Subway or Burger King (which is 10 minutes North of the station on Cesar H Chavez!)

Date: 09/26/17 09:33
Author: Pioneer2526

Thanks Pro, Bob, and Rev. This will be my first time on the Chief the only western train I have not ridden, taking my grandsons to CHI.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0263 seconds