Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Passenger Trains > Fate of No 7 on the 17th?

Date: 02/18/18 09:04
Fate of No 7 on the 17th?
Author: badgerexpat

So . . . No 7 departs Browning 9 minutes late on 2/17 and then 6 hours late from Essex. Any definitive word? (Since its subsequent loss of time is trifling, presumably mechanical problems on the part of Amtrak is not the explanation.)

I myself was on a run of 7/27 years ago that became half a day late when some rubble on the track east of Essex broke off a blowdown valve on the lead locomotive's air tank, the special tool for releasing the brakes without air pressure couldn't be located, then a cascading crisis of Hours of Service, etc. Quite the mess, though it was delightful to see Sandpoint in daylight. (Ill wind, etc., etc.)

Date: 02/18/18 09:52
Re: Fate of No 7 on the 17th?
Author: bmarti7

Possible an avalanche on Marias as there was heavy snow. In any case, annulled west of Spokane with west coast passengers bused.

BB

Date: 02/18/18 11:02
Author: badgerexpat

bmarti7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Possible an avalanche on Marias as there was heavy
> snow.

Well, yeah, that would be the place for it. Last winter there was an avalanche around Summit, something of a first (in any case, there's no snow shed there). Unusual weather conditions resulted in an unnatural buildup of snow in places where it doesn't usually.

Thanks.

Date: 02/18/18 11:15
Author: MM171

The Maris Pass area is predicted to get 26 inches of snow this weekend once the current storm front has passed. The pass was also suppose to see 30mph + winds along with the snow. The cross country skiers at the Izzak Walton are probably the only ones smiling up there!

Date: 02/18/18 16:37
Author: ProAmtrak

I agree, I know BNSF and Amtrak are gonna be glad when Spring comes!

Date: 02/19/18 03:18
Author: misty1

I posted pics on sat of Essex MT on the western board under More bucket list. Might explain what they are up against.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds