Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Passenger Trains > Parlour Car Graffiti

Date: 02/18/18 19:35
Parlour Car Graffiti
Author: suvart

A friend sent me this picture, it looks like someone decided to send one of the parlour cars off in their own way. For those of you who cant read it the scrawl says "forgive them for they know not what they do" and "RIP 1954-2018".

Date: 02/18/18 19:40
Re: Parlour Car Graffiti
Author: jointauthority

I hope they all go to good homes with owners who will love and care for them for many years to come....

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/18/18 20:54
Author: daniel3197

FYI FIANL PPC Pacific Parlor car set 2 car set BY Hesperia--Cajon Railcan at 2048 pT--848 PT-sunday 18 FEB 2018.
ONly the Rear PPC had Interior light ON.
Bye BYe PPC it was grand having you on the grand amtrak Coast Starlight.
---Daniel

Date: 02/19/18 09:25
Author: railwaybaron

Alas "they" do know what they do and they will keep doing it until they are stopped!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/19/18 13:44 by railwaybaron.

Date: 02/19/18 15:18
Author: Margaret_SP_fan

Thanks for the photo. Sad days, these, when something wonderful like the Pacific Parlour Car service ends. I, too, very much hope all of these cars go to good homes. Budd sure built great cars!

Date: 02/19/18 19:47
Author: ProAmtrak

Sad to see them go myself, but who knows if they were kept how much longer would they run since I know parts are available, but look at how much they might cost the longer they ran!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0378 seconds