Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Passenger Trains > Questions About PTC Installation On Amtrak Route in NM and CO

Date: 04/18/18 19:50
Questions About PTC Installation On Amtrak Route in NM and CO
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Does anyone know what the game plan is for the route used by Amtrak 3 & 4, the SOUTHWEST CHIEF in NM and CO as far as PTC installation is concerned? Are they planning on installing it on the segment between Control Point Madrid, NM to Trinidad, CO? I believe this is the line segment that sees two train movements in a twenty-four hour period. I thought I'd heard somewhere that they were working on some kind of exemption for that line segment. Could 3 & 4 possibly be re-routed via Amarillo if for no other reason than to take advantage of the PTC being there? Or does Mr. Anderson think the "final solution" is to just discontinue the train?

Does anyone have the latest scoop?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/18 20:11 by CA_Sou_MA_Agent.

Date: 04/18/18 20:20
Re: Questions About PTC Installation On Amtrak Route in NM and CO
Author: dan

I too heard there was an exemption for this segment

Date: 04/18/18 20:36
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

Date: 04/18/18 20:43
Author: illini73

You can look at the BNSF PTC map here:

http://www.bnsf.com/in-the-community/safety-and-security/positive-train-control/images/ptc_map_2018.jpg

Please note that BNSF trackage rights on other carriers (UP, primarily) are shown as not equipped, even though they may, in fact, require PTC. You'll also notice that some heavily-trafficked mainlines, most notably St. Paul to Savanna, IL, do not have PTC because of the absence of hazmat traffic.

Date: 04/18/18 20:44
Author: CA_Sou_MA_Agent

Lurch_in_ABQ Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You might find clues here: https://www.riometro.org/images/pdf/RFPs/rfp-2018-03-ptc.pdf

Thanks. After a quick scan of that document, it doesn't look like it addresses anything east of Lamy, NM.

Date: 04/18/18 20:54
Author: dan

with all the signal work south out of Denver for ex, i would be suprised if doesn't get turned on

Date: 04/21/18 04:22
Author: PlyWoody

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0427 seconds