Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Passenger Trains > Metra Closes Another Ticket Office

Date: 04/24/18 16:55
Metra Closes Another Ticket Office
Author: kevink

This time it's my home station of Clarendon Hills on the BNSF. I saw this coming a few months ago when the credit card reader would not process my commuter benefits debit card. I went the Ventra app in January and haven't looked back.

https://metrarail.com/about-metra/newsroom/clarendon-hills-ticket-office-close-may-7

Date: 04/24/18 21:32
Re: Metra Closes Another Ticket Office
Author: MEKoch

Does Caltrain have many staffed ticket offices along its route? All stations have machines but a human agent is rare

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/25/18 02:39
Author: norm1153

None except possibly the one in Palo Alto. They're all machine. UNfortunately, the machines do not take Debit cards.

Date: 04/25/18 15:15
Author: NebraskaZephyr

Metra is allowing most, if not all, of the outlying ticket offices to close. As their currently-assigned agents retire, they simply are not replaced. All so far have been done through attrition, so it may take a while to get where they ultimately want to be.

It appears they intend to keep agents at the downtown terminals and (depending on the line) possibly at the outlying terminal where trains originate/terminate.

NZ

Date: 04/25/18 15:47
Author: joemvcnj

Would they move agents from weaker staffed stations to busier stations when the agent at a busier station retires ?

Date: 04/25/18 21:16
Author: DevalDragon

Not necessary. Most of the close to retirement age agents already work low volume stations.

Date: 05/01/18 22:26
Author: will74205

MEKoch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Does Caltrain have many staffed ticket offices
> along its route? All stations have machines but a
> human agent is rare
>
> Posted from iPhone

Only San Francisco and San Jose stations have staffed ticket offices for Caltrain.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0371 seconds