Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Passenger Trains > Two more commuter train sets headed to Long Island Railroad

Date: 05/12/18 17:54
Two more commuter train sets headed to Long Island Railroad
Author: JoCoLB

Two new Long Island Railroad commuter train sets are headed to New York.

With a heads-up from a fellow railfan, I was able to photograph these two train sets on the rear of a BNSF Railway manifest train passing through Gardner, KS, about 35 miles southwest of Kansas City today, Saturday, May 12, 2018. This manifest train was on a run from Dodge City, Kan, to Kansas City, Kan. The commuter cars arrived at Dodge City yesterday.

I have no background info on the two passenger train consists but friends say they had been undergoing testing at the U.S. Department of Transportation/FRA Transportation Test Center at Pueblo, Colo.

I've taken pictures for many years in Eastern Kansas but this is the first time to catch any Long Island RR equipment.

(Photos by Larry Byers)

Date: 05/12/18 18:00
Re: Two more commuter train sets headed to Long Island Railroad
Author: wabash2800

Thanks for sharing. "Do Not Hump!" <G>

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 05/13/18 06:56
Re: Two more commuter train sets headed to Long Island Railroad
Author: joemvcnj

Upon delivery to LIRR, at some point, they will just have to get the new "Cuomo Stripes" of the blue and yellowish gold NYS colors on the front and sides as livery.

<I've taken pictures for many years in Eastern Kansas but this is the first time to catch any Long Island RR equipment. >

Some of the the C-3 bi-level cars also came from Kawasaki in Kobe, Japan in 1998 - 1999.
The Budd M-1's came from Philadelphia Red Lion, the Canadian Vickers M-1's were assembled in Erie, PA, the M-3's came from Red Lion, and the Bombardier M-7's came from Quebec and Plattsburgh.

Some M-1's were sent to Mexico on flat cars for scrap. A few went to Pueblo for DOT crash testing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/18 08:58 by joemvcnj.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.035 seconds