Home Open Account Help 305 users online

Passenger Trains > Silver Meteor Dining Service

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 06/20/18 08:05
Silver Meteor Dining Service
Author: amtrakbill

Took the SB Meteor last week and was very impressed with the service, the food, and the design of the new Viewliner Diner (Charleston)

I was impressed to see the menu which featured chefs at Amtrak and their culenary accomplishments. This is a nice touch which can only motivate this group of employees

Pictures attached!

Date: 06/20/18 09:08
Re: Silver Meteor Dining Service
Author: BaltoJoey

Why didn't you post them right side up, for ease of viewing?

Date: 06/20/18 10:05
Author: DECA34

I was able to turn pic. with no problem. Thanks for the info.

Date: 06/20/18 10:49
Author: norm1153

I rotated one for you.

Date: 06/20/18 10:50
Author: mundo

DCA tell others out to upright. Not everyone has mastered the computer age.

Date: 06/20/18 11:00
Author: Railpax71

Please don't snipe at the cellphone posters who have taken the time to photograph and show us their images. The image is right side up on their phones. Rotation information is stored in exif data by the camera. It is the conversion process in uploading that does not respect this.

Date: 06/20/18 11:08

I'm thinking this conflict will spread more as time goes on. It's correct on a cellphone in the vertical, and correct everywhere else when horizontal. One can't really blame the cellphone user, either. Both sides believe their side is "correct."

Date: 06/20/18 11:24
Author: ts1457

norm1153 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm thinking this conflict will spread more as
> time goes on. It's correct on a cellphone in the
> vertical, and correct everywhere else when
> horizontal. One can't really blame the cellphone
> user, either. Both sides believe their side is
> "correct."

I am not an expert, but I guess the picture is uploaded and is posted without going through a photo editor. Perhaps users who intend to post on Trainorders need to only use landscape in taking the picture.

Anyhow, thanks to the amtrakbill for sharing the images with us.

Jack

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/18 11:25 by ts1457.

Date: 06/20/18 13:36

Whatever
Get a life or turn your device sideways to view
I did this 32,000 feet above Montana flying coast to coast

Date: 06/20/18 13:46
Author: Lark

Thank you AmtrakBill,

I am happy to see the Diner -- appears so uninspired in its presentation though... We cannot even have found a place for the trash & soiled "linens"

Date: 06/20/18 13:58
Author: MEKoch

How many tables are they using for storage of their supplies for the dining car?? I find this habit on single level dining cars and Superliner dining cars to be absolute disgusting.

Date: 06/20/18 14:32
Author: jp1822

Amtrak just LOVES to put the CARDBOARD trash cans near dining tables. Happens in the Sightseer Lounge Car and Superliner Diner/CCC cars too.

Date: 06/20/18 14:59
Author: Lackawanna484

Thanks for the pictures, and the report.

Date: 06/20/18 15:40

jp1822 Wrote:
> Amtrak just LOVES to put the CARDBOARD trash cans
> near dining tables. Happens in the Sightseer
> Lounge Car and Superliner Diner/CCC cars too.

Yes, and another favorite spot is in a stairwell.

Date: 06/20/18 17:43

They had a clean and orderly dining car
No supplies warehoused anywhere that could be seen

Proves it’s possible to do that!

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/20/18 18:06
Author: ssarcadia

Just pathetic, a $4m dining car and no one at any level has the sense to wonder about an upright (for now) open bag of trash in a dining area. Burger King would have the sense to have a trash container in an enclosure and they do not charge $25 for a steak. All these people that think Amtrak would be super if they were just given more money should ponder this picture. When management cannot manage something this simple, why would anyone think they can do better with bigger projects. This is so abysmal and so easily fixed, the fact that it has gone on for decades says it all.

Date: 06/20/18 18:29
Author: chess

Wow, the things people get upset about... Yes the horror of putting a garbage bag at the far end of the diner, where only a half table can really get a full view. I've ridden in these Viewliner diners a few times already, as well as thousands of times in the Heritage diners, and never once did I get disgusted or turned off by the presence of a garbage bag at the end.. Ok maybe not the greatest place for a garbage, but lighten up people..

Date: 06/20/18 18:35
Author: ssarcadia

Chess, it is just filthy to have trash near where people are dining. That's all. This is why no restaurant on land does this. The devil is in the details and this is along with not having clean windows, regular meal hours, any protocol on announcements, dirty bathrooms, etc. If you cannot manage the little things, you surely cannot manage the big ones. Name any restaurant on land that charges $25 for steak that has a gaping paper trash bag near diners. Even Wendy's does better. For $2.99.

Date: 06/20/18 19:37
Author: chess

Not disagreeing with you, it just never bothered me about the garbage bag. True, they should place it somewhere more inconspicuous. The problem with announcements in general is that half the time the pa system doesn't work. On trains 97/98, and 19/20, in a sleeper, when the dining car crew takes your reservation, they have always told me to just show up at the diner at the reservation time.

Date: 06/21/18 11:16
Author: bioyans

amtrakbill Wrote:
> Whatever
> Get a life or turn your device sideways to view
> I did this 32,000 feet above Montana flying coast
> to coast

Quite a few people still view TO on desktops. Not so easy to turn a 24" monitor on end.

Posted from Android

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0715 seconds