Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Passenger Trains > News video - New safety system causing headaches for Metra

Date: 08/09/18 10:59
News video - New safety system causing headaches for Metra
Author: Englewood

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/new-safety-system-causing-headaches-for-metra-thousands-of-riders

Usual puff piece for the uninformed average Joe or Jill who will remain uninformed after watching.
I always laugh when they trot out some "transportation expert" from some university to give credibility to a story.

I admit I can't pass up some nice train videos on TV.

The injured woman was probably involved in one ot the Rock Island incidents where the train went through a 10mph
crossover at high speed.

Date: 08/09/18 18:09
Re: News video - New safety system causing headaches for Metra
Author: kevink

It’s not PTC that is causing many of the issues on the BNSF. Metra and BNSF tool tje opportunity to adjust the schedule to provide more capacity for Lisle and Naperville where standing room only trains have been an issue for several years. Unfortunately, this affected commuters from the inner zones as trains and train consists were shuffled. Added to this is a backlog of maintenance issues on locomotives and cars.

Based on my commute from and to Clarendon Hills, it seems like folks are adjusting to the schedule change. Still seeing some equipment issues.

Article in the Trib a week or so ago mentioned BNSF having staffing issues for the shop that maintains the Metra equipment under their Purchase of Service agreement with Metra.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.034 seconds