Home Open Account Help 289 users online

Passenger Trains > #50 and #51 between CVS and STA

Date: 08/10/18 17:46
#50 and #51 between CVS and STA
Author: tramfan

The EB and WB Cardinal normally pass each other, if running on time, between these two stations on the Buckingham Branch. There are three passing sidings (Brand, Afton, and Crozet) that are used. Normally Afton is used but Brand was used about two weeks ago.

I left the house a bit late  to get to Fishersville which provides the best photoshot. These are taken at Waynesboro along Ohio St. by Mill St. crossing. First is EB #50, and then WB #51

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 08/10/18 19:13
Re: #50 and #51 between CVS and STA
Author: P

Looks like each train had an extra car on the rear.  IN the 1st video, was that a baggage/dorm?  

2nd video looks like it had the theatre car on hte rear.

And of course, a narrow escape by that groundhog in the 1st video...

Date: 08/10/18 19:22
Author: HasTy

Looks like the first video had a dead heading sleeper or diner couldn't see a number or name.  and the second video was an amcan so it wasn't the theatre car might have been the conference car what ever that things name is now days.

Date: 08/10/18 19:59
Author: resqjon

That last car on 51 is NEC cab car #9643. Looks like the engineer window is busted out. I wonder if that is the one that hit the farm tractor near Mt. Joy, PA a couple of months back??

Jon

Date: 08/10/18 20:22

The last car on #50 was 68019 Nashville, and the last car on #51 was Control Car 9643.

Date: 08/11/18 08:26
Author: chess

There are 4 sidings between Charlottesville, VA and Staunton, VA. The one you forgot is Ivy, west of CVS. I've been on 50 a few times and met 51 there. Last time through we met a westbound CSX at Ivy, but you're right, Crozet or Afton probably sees the most Amtrak meets.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/18 08:29 by chess.

Date: 08/12/18 05:04

chess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There are 4 sidings between Charlottesville, VA
> and Staunton, VA. The one you forgot is Ivy, west
> of CVS. I've been on 50 a few times and met 51
> there. Last time through we met a westbound CSX at
> Ivy, but you're right, Crozet or Afton probably
> sees the most Amtrak meets.

Thanks for the correction. I am fairly new to the area so didn't realize that. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds