Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Passenger Trains > Truck near miss

Date: 08/11/18 12:56
Truck near miss
Author: ORNHOO

I came across this video of a clo-o-o-ose encouter between Amtrak regional #94 and A HIGHLY TRAINED PROFESIONAL DRIVER: https://jalopnik.com/the-truck-almost-hits-the-train-1828206176

Date: 08/11/18 13:12
Re: Truck near miss
Author: jst3751

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzTQS8qcc38

Some one local to Ashland should contact Performance FoodService and notify them about this.

Date: 08/11/18 14:54
Author: SN711

The locomotive mirror did in fact come in contact with the truck. You can’t tell from the video for sure but it looks like the truck is preparing to stop afterwards. I would be shocked if the crew did not report it.

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 08/11/18 15:28
Author: wpjones

The truck runs over the curb with both the tractor and the trailer. He should not have a CDL.
Steve

Date: 08/11/18 16:16
Author: jst3751

wpjones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The truck runs over the curb with both the tractor
> and the trailer. He should not have a CDL.
> Steve

The fact that he HAD to go over the curb to get out of the driveway is an extremely common occurrence. In an ideal situation, the company Performance Foodstuff would have had that delivery done only by a bobtail straight truck, not by a tractor pulling a 35' trailer since obviously the driveway and street would not accommodate that without the driver having to go over the curb.

The fact that he did not stop out of caution to ensure he would not be too close to the train is troublesome and the company should be notified of that and he should be sighted for a moving violation.

Oh and by the way if you have ever driven over the speed limit, done a rolling stop, failed to stop for a pedestrian crossing a crosswalk (whether marked or not) or driven while under the influence then your license should be permanently taken away.

Date: 08/11/18 18:05
Author: arr701

Legal Name:PERFORMANCE TRANSPORTATION LLC 
Crashes reported to FMCSA by states for 24 months prior to: 08/10/2018

they had 6 total fatal crashes in the last 24 months and 55 reportable injuries according to the FMSCA 

These guys' USDOT number is 270150

Date: 08/11/18 18:51
Author: steamloco

Do you want to eat out tomorrow, trucking companies are so short on drivers now you better not worry about this guy. He does bring the food and there’s not people knocking the doors down for his job.  I drive a truck in the food industry and delivery’s are starting to arrive late at some big box stores I haul for so unless you want to drive his truck get over it.

Date: 08/11/18 20:47
Author: PHall

steamloco Wrote:
> Do you want to eat out tomorrow, trucking
> companies are so short on drivers now you better
> not worry about this guy. He does bring the food
> and there’s not people knocking the doors down
> for his job.  I drive a truck in the food
> industry and delivery’s are starting to arrive
> late at some big box stores I haul for so unless
> you want to drive his truck get over it.

So we're supposed to "get over" unsafe drivers. Yeah I don't think so. Maybe you need to "get over" yourself.

Date: 08/11/18 22:00
Author: SP4360

Post is as clueless as that dolt driver. 

steamloco Wrote:
> Do you want to eat out tomorrow, trucking
> companies are so short on drivers now you better
> not worry about this guy. He does bring the food
> and there’s not people knocking the doors down
> for his job.  I drive a truck in the food
> industry and delivery’s are starting to arrive
> late at some big box stores I haul for so unless
> you want to drive his truck get over it.

Date: 08/12/18 03:24
Author: andersonb109

At least the truck driver didn't try to drive in front of the train as so many of his buddy's have done recently. And then try to blame the train for not stopping or getting out of the way. Regardless this idiot driver should have looked to see if the tracks were clear if he knew he might come into contact of the right of way. Authorities should have his licence number and fine for reckless driving...and pay Amtrak for their damaged mirror. 

Date: 08/12/18 03:45

Dolt driver better than no driver if you want groceries at your local store tonight, that’s what I’m saying. The driver shortage is getting worse by the day, look in a truck today at the age of half the drivers are over 60 and how much longer do you think they’ll be driving? A good average pay for a road job is $90,000 a year and nobody wants to do it anymore, electronic logbooks ruined it, a driver wants to stop when he feels like it not when the electronic logbook tells you to.

Date: 08/12/18 06:51
Author: bnsf6606

Electornic logs are only required for long distance drivers and not local deliveries.  

steamloco Wrote:
> Dolt driver better than no driver if you want
> groceries at your local store tonight, that’s
> what I’m saying. The driver shortage is getting
> worse by the day, look in a truck today at the age
> of half the drivers are over 60 and how much
> longer do you think they’ll be driving? A good
> average pay for a road job is $90,000 a year and
> nobody wants to do it anymore, electronic logbooks
> ruined it, a driver wants to stop when he feels
> like it not when the electronic logbook tells you
> to.

Date: 08/12/18 07:22
Author: BAB

wpjones Wrote:
> The truck runs over the curb with both the tractor
> and the trailer. He should not have a CDL.
> Steve

Well Steve guess you never got sent out on a run with whatever the company wanted not what you choose for one. And there are times in which you might be up on a curb making a turn with one. To you and several others on here who have never driven a semi truck along with the dummy who thinks it a 53ft on try before flapping your gums.   Yes there are ones who should not be driving but my other half drove for a company that did almost every thing out of a 53ft trailer. They needed it done that way because of cost per load and the need to serve more than one store at a time.  This driver was wrong in several ways the main one was not watching what was going on in order to make the turn and from the way it was done he had done it before.  Jumping on every truck driver is wrong go to youtube and watch the idiots in cars causing truck accidents. And Steve am sure that your driving habits like mine and others cause problems at times too.

Date: 08/12/18 08:55

Electronic log books are required for over a radius of 150 air miles. It looks like Performance Food has a location in Richmond but Richmond based trucks would service parts of West Virginia that would put them on ELD’s. A crappie job with probably at least 20 stops a day and 300 to 400 miles a day hand unloading with a hand tuck running up and down a ramp all day. I’ve been there and have had to do that kind of a run, have all you experts arm chair truck drivers done that. Definitely he should have looked better but with no train horns blowing and a refrigeration unit running behind your head you don’t hear anything but that unit running. Yes he should have stopped, your could tell he knew he hit the train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0571 seconds