Home Open Account Help 303 users online

Passenger Trains > Metra and Amtrak at Roosevelt Road

Date: 10/10/18 19:00
Metra and Amtrak at Roosevelt Road
Author: kevink

Back in September, I spent a couple of hours on the Roosevelt Road viaduct south of Chicago Union Station. I had headed there after work to see a late Southwest Chief with four deadheading  California Zephyr PV's. Alas, #4 was routed on a track next to a Metra train waiting to back into the station so the PV's were half shadowed. All was not lost as there were some other interesting things happening. Here are three shots for your perusal:
1. Metra 112 waits with an inbound train from the yard as IDTX 4633 heads out with a St. Louis-biund train.
2.A Metra three-way meet as Metra 188 shoves an inbound train into the station and Metra 122 leads an outbound train past a still waiting Metra 112.
3. One of the more interesting Metra wraps to date was applied to Metra cab car 8600 that advertises the Field Museum's newest dinosaur fossil, Maximo the Titanasour. More info at: https://www.fieldmuseum.org/exhibitions/maximo-titanosaur

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/18 19:28 by kevink.

Date: 10/10/18 20:54
Re: Metra and Amtrak at Roosevelt Road
Author: inCHI

Nice shots, first I've seen of that wrap, which certainly sticks out!

Date: 10/11/18 04:31
Author: Korigaoka1811

Usually I don't like wrapped passenger cars, crass advertising and all that.  But since I like trains, dinosaurs, the Filed Museum and blue, this bi-level is pretty cool!

John

Date: 10/11/18 08:42
Author: ghemr

Beautiful photos!

Date: 10/13/18 03:56
Author: robj

Great catch.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds