Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Passenger Trains > Some RTD Eagle MUs on the A Line at DIA

Date: 10/13/18 14:28
Some RTD Eagle MUs on the A Line at DIA
Author: erielackawanna

Just before I had to head up for my flight, I grabbed a couple moments to shoot the A Line at the DIA station. Original plan had been to follow the line into the airport, stopping along the way for scenic shots, but of course, timing didn't work, so entire plan turned into ten minutes on the DIA platform.

Not sure what the police were about. Couldn't tell if they were arresting someone or helping someone.

Date: 10/13/18 14:28
Re: Some RTD Eagle MUs on the A Line at DIA

One more of the RTD Eagle EMUs, this one on departure.

Date: 10/13/18 15:12
Author: joemvcnj

"Eagle" MU's are what they are called ? I thought they followed the SEPTA fleet name of Silverliner V..
I see they like to stop about 100' feet short of the bumper block.

Date: 10/13/18 15:59
Author: frntinplate

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Eagle" MU's are what they are called ? I thought
> they followed the SEPTA fleet name of Silverliner
> V..
> I see they like to stop about 100' feet short of
> the bumper block.

The reason for stopping so far from the end of platform???  Probably so you get some additonal excercise hauling your luggage that extra 100 feet or so after buying your ticket.  This also gives you some extra time to watch your train close the doors and depart while dragging that overweight bag down the platform.  

Also, why are some of the extra concrete ties intermixed as shown in one photo.  I saw this a few weeks ago and could not figure out why. 

Date: 10/13/18 16:13

I don't think the EMUs have any official name, but I call them Eagle P3s because that's the project they were built as a aprt of. Silverliner V seems wrong, the same way the Jersey Arrows and earlier Silverliners were all different.

Date: 10/13/18 16:14
Author: SCAX3401

frntinplate Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Also, why are some of the extra concrete ties
> intermixed as shown in one photo.  I saw this a
> few weeks ago and could not figure out why. 

The area to the left in the last photo is space for a future second platform along with two future tracks.  When they were done constructing the rail line, they had extra concrete ties (you always purchase a little more than actually required).  It seems that instead of just stockpiling them in some MOW yard somewhere, someone decided to incorporate them into the interim landscaping where the future platform will be (note the different colored rock and the pattern, someone was trying).  No matter if you like it or not, its definitely different.

Date: 10/13/18 18:19
Author: inCHI

Was wondering the same, and that explaination makes sense as that really does look like deliberate landscaping.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1552 seconds