Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Passenger Trains > Chasin' n Pacin' A BNSF Special

Date: 11/12/18 17:49
Chasin' n Pacin' A BNSF Special
Author: suvart

BNSF sent a special up the coast for a Shortline conference in San Diego. My grand chase plans were squandered, and I was only able to catch at the Santa Fe Station, near Oceanside, and when it was returning to the yard. 
1) Loading pax at the station.
2&3) Going across one of the many lagoons the tracks cross in North San Diego County.

Date: 11/12/18 17:52
Re: Chasin' n Pacin' A BNSF Special
Author: suvart

When my plans for the southbound trip fell apart I decided to pace it returning to the yard. This was accomplished by riding an electric scooter you can rent on through a smartphone, and with a max speed of 15 mph they're perfect for pacing things in Downtown San Diego, which makes for a pretty cool video. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/18 18:14 by suvart.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/12/18 19:51
Author: chrisparker

Good Effort.

I like your video the best.
You guys did good with the scooters.

I got my fill of this special by watching your video and i am satisfied.

LoL

I would have liked to have seen where it went in the harbor area and take some pictures myself but was working.

Seeing how this was a Short Line get together im thinking they may have gone to the new PHL Yard, and do a tour of the facilities.

There is the wye near by to turn or run across the bridges and travel the loop track around.

I saw Mr.Fox's name on the list of people attending and he was one of the past Presidents of PHL a few years back.

Chris Parker
San Pedro

Posted from Android

Date: 11/12/18 20:09
Author: SanJoaquinEngr

Great work!!!!

Date: 11/12/18 20:20
Author: aronco

The train ran from San Diego to Laguna Niguel, reversed ends, and returned to San Diego.  A delightful light lunch was served on the return trip.  Bar was open but for soft drinks and waters only, of course.   Overall, a very fine presentation by BNSF.

Norm

Norman Orfall
Helendale, CA
TIOGA PASS, a private railcar

Date: 11/13/18 07:21
Author: Raja

Loving the video.  A whole new perspective!

Date: 11/13/18 08:14
Author: Electroliner

Really nice video, Suvart.  Well done with the scooter perspective.  Thank you for posting.

I have not seen cars like Glorieta Pass and Eagle Pass.  Are these all-bedroom cars?  What is their heritage?  (likely ATSF, right?)

Date: 11/13/18 08:34
Author: Electroliner

Okay, found the answer.  Crew cars rebuilt from old ATSF Sleepers.  Right?

Date: 11/14/18 10:37
Author: astarid

Thanks for the wonderful video! You really took us with you!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0448 seconds