Home Open Account Help 297 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak's Buy One, Get One Ticket free sale

Date: 12/04/18 12:23
Amtrak's Buy One, Get One Ticket free sale
Author: Lackawanna484

Now through December 11, travel in 2019...

Note that the article mentions a dining car or some of the trains, that's a good sign

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/traffic/honkin-mad-blog/article222598950.html

Date: 12/04/18 12:52
Re: Amtrak's Buy One, Get One Ticket free sale
Author: andersonb109

What's a "Roomette Car?" Amtrak doesn't have any cars that are totally Roomettes. As for the diner comment, just because there is a diner on the train doesn't mean there is actual editable food.  Doesn't the Capitol still has a diner in it's consist?  While this seems like a good deal on the surface, cost to put a second person in a roomette is only the additional coach fare, not a second room charge. So savings wouldn't be all that much. (unless that policy has changed). 

Date: 12/04/18 14:58
Author: inCHI

Does this work with Guest Rewards points? I see it reflected in dollar prices where it says "promo applied" but don't see it say that when I switch to points.

Date: 12/04/18 17:21
Author: inCHI

From my fiddling it seems like that sale didn't apply to points, but on one leg my trip it was certainly helpful as I paid without them.

Date: 12/04/18 17:24
Author: jst3751

andersonb109 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What's a "Roomette Car?" Amtrak doesn't have any
> cars that are totally Roomettes.

Why are you asking us? Gordon Dickson of the Star-Telegram is the one that said that. Ask him.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds