Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Passenger Trains > Final Rams train of the season on PVL

Date: 12/30/18 23:46
Final Rams train of the season on PVL
Author: oyw

This morning Metrolink ran the final Rams trains for the 2018 football season over several of its lines to the LA Coliseum. Since I made it over to the Perris Valley Line (near Riverside, CA) for the 4 other trains this season, I figured today was a good day for one last hike. The train ran as usual through Box Springs Canyon between 8:40 and 8:45AM, unfortunately today the sun was still behind the hills except for a small section so I was forced with this result. Like every train this season on the PVL, a new F125 was used for power, today it was SCAX 907. For the record, the Rams went 5-0 this season on days the special trains ran. Thanks for looking and good luck to the Rams in the upcoming playoffs.

OYW

Date: 12/31/18 04:26
Re: Final Rams train of the season on PVL
Author: NYC4096

Really nice photo and a great effort to catch the train in that curved position.
That F125 would look really sharp in Amtrak silver and blue pulling Superliners.

Date: 12/31/18 07:28
Author: Tominde

Glad you were "forced" into that location.   Glad they didn't run the train for Eagles game.

Date: 12/31/18 08:06
Author: King_Coal

This paint scheme continues to grow on me. Very modern. Photo is well done - thanks for sharing.

Date: 12/31/18 13:23
Author: MojaveBill

Great pic and light!

Bill Deaver
Tehachapi, CA

Date: 12/31/18 13:28
Author: exhaustED

Very nice shot. Great to see the Rams doing well... fingers crossed!

Date: 12/31/18 17:43
Author: ProAmtrak

They get a break, but at least 1 more special for the Fans when the 2ND round starts!

Date: 12/31/18 22:36
Author: mundo

About a hour late, account freight congestion  !

Some Happy gamers  ?

Date: 01/02/19 07:30
Author: PasadenaSub

Nice photo, Bob.  Great that you were able to catch all the specials.  We slept too late to catch this one, and the weather had been cloudy the morning before.

Rich

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds