Pacific Surfliner Weekend Service ChangesEffective January 11 - February 10, 2019Track work being performed by North County Transit District will affect Pacific Surfliner service, on the dates shown below:Fridays, January 11 and February 8
- Train 590 will be cancelled. Passengers can make reservations aboard other Amtrak trains.
- Bus service will be provided from Los Angeles to San Diego, making stops at Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town San Diego and San Diego Downtown. No alternate transportation will be provided to Fullerton, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine and San Juan Capistrano.
Saturday and Sunday, January 12 - 13 and February 9 - 10
- Trains 562, 583, 1565, 1566, 1569, 1572, 1573 and 1590 will be cancelled. Passengers can make reservations aboard other Amtrak trains.
- Southbound Train 782 will terminate at Los Angeles. No alternate transportation will be provided between Los Angeles and San Diego. Passengers can make reservations aboard other Pacific Surfliner trains.
- Southbound Train 796will terminate at Los Angeles and bus service will be provided for all missed stops.
- Southbound Trains 580, 768, 774, 792, 1564 and 1584 will operate normally to Irvine, where bus service will be provided from Irvine to San Diego. Express buses will run from Irvine to San Juan Capistrano, Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town San Diego and downtown San Diego only.
- Northbound Trains 591, 595, 763, 777, 785, 1579, 1761 and 1767 will originate in Irvine. Bus service will be provided from San Diego to Irvine to connect with the trains listed above, with the exception of Train 1761. Buses will depart downtown San Diego, Solana Beach, Oceanside and San Juan Capistrano earlier than the train schedule to allow time to connect with trains in Irvine.
- Buses will not pick up at Old Town San Diego. Passengers can take the trolley to downtown San Diego to board buses to Irvine.
- Bus service will not be provided to connect with Train 1761.
- Metrolink will honor Amtrak tickets between Irvine and Los Angeles.
There will be no checked baggage or express service south of Santa Ana on the dates shown above. Alternate bus service will not serve San Clemente Pier. PSN 0119-06
Metrolink is only running to Mission Viejo including the Rams Fans return train,