Home Open Account Help 299 users online

Passenger Trains > Maine Eastern Flashback

Date: 01/11/19 18:52
Maine Eastern Flashback
Author: cn6218

It hasn't been long enough to qualify for Nostalgia, but here is a short clip of the Maine Eastern's AAPRCO excursion from September 23, 2014.  As part of the 2014 convention in Portland, ME the attendees had the option of taking a ride on the Maine Eastern from Brunswick to Rockland and return.  A friend and I were in the area to see the AAPRCO special and were at the Brunswick station when the passengers arrived to board.  We struck up a conversation with a group of them, and Trainorders member andersonb109 asked if my friend would like to use his ticket for the way back so he could ride with me and shoot the train.  That seemed like an amicable solution for all involved, so that's what we did.

We got stills at a few locations on the way back, including Damariscotta Mills, where I also shot video.  This was one of my early video attempts, and was recorded using the built-in microphone of the 7D.  Luckily there wasn't too much wind or loud audio to ruin this one, unlike so many of my other early videos.

Maine Eastern only had one more year to run.  The Rockland Branch (owned by the State of Maine) is now operated by Central Maine & Quebec, who seem to have no interest in passenger operations of any kind.

GTD

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/19 19:01 by cn6218.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 01/12/19 08:55
Re: Maine Eastern Flashback
Author: jdtravis

What a beautiful frame you chose for your video! Nicely done.

Date: 01/12/19 11:11
Re: Maine Eastern Flashback
Author: PRSL-recall

Excellent video. I happened to ride one 2015 summer Saturday from Brunswick to Rockland and return, not knowing it would be the last year. I keep on my radar what is happening between Northern New England Passenger Rail Authority and Amtrak regarding restored service. The service level being looked at before any 2018 service plans got very far was that day round trips initiated at Brunswick were off the table. That in my view would be a mistake.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds