Home Open Account Help 291 users online

Passenger Trains > #8

Date: 02/11/19 14:13
Author: robj

So down at CP Morgan outside union station so I thought to look to see when builder is due, 6:40 in am? Don't think I will wait. So if you have evening connection, now what.?? Sit around or was something else done.

Bob

Posted from Android

Date: 02/11/19 15:02
Re: #8
Author: ProAmtrak

Bob, look at a few posts down and you'll see why Nio. 8's running so late today!

Date: 02/11/19 15:42
Author: DesertWind

The good thing, we will have a nice comfortable bed to sleep in tonight and not be bussed to a hotel 35 miles away from Chicago at midnight. That happened last July when all three west coast trains came in to Chicago after 8pm. If I was traveling in coach that would be a different story.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/11/19 16:29
Author: bmarti7

Kudos to Amtrak for not quitting. It all started with a very late departure of no. 7 from Chicago days ago. So you would think they would annul the train at Spokane and bustitute. But highways were closed so 7 and 27 continued. That equipment was turned in the middle of the night and headed back east as 8 and 28. Horrible weather in Spokane caused further delays combining the trains. 

Since Spokane they’ve slugged it out to eastern ND. Again kudos.

BB

Date: 02/11/19 17:06
Author: DesertWind

Lots of freight delays too. The three engines are all doing what they are supposed to do and all minor issues have been handled well.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/11/19 17:43
Author: railstiesballast

According to the Dixieland tracking map service No 8 has made up quite a bit of time, now down 4+ hours in Montana.

Date: 02/11/19 18:20
Author: bmarti7

railstiesballast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> According to the Dixieland tracking map service No
> 8 has made up quite a bit of time, now down 4+
> hours in Montana.

That would be No. 8 (10) which has been down about the same since Sandpoint. The one that’s 17 hours down is 8(9) which is near Fargo now..

BB

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0412 seconds