Home Open Account Help 322 users online

Passenger Trains > This Is What Happens When A Train Is 20 Hours Late

Date: 02/14/19 23:27
This Is What Happens When A Train Is 20 Hours Late
Author: walstib

When a train is 20 hours late it presents opportunities to photograph it at places you wouldn't normally see it in daylight, like this shot of number 11, left, meeting Surfliner 767 at Seacliff today.

Train 11 was slated to arrive Santa Barbara at 6 p.m. yesterday, but instead rolled into town at 2 this afternoon. At this time of the year, 11 rolls through this spot in the dark, so I took advantage of its tardiness to grab this daylight shot.

For those who haven't been keeping score, this is the same Starlight that departed Los Angeles on Tuesday as train 14, heading north. By early Wednesday, a freight stuck in the snow near Mt. Shasta, and other weather-related problems, forced 14 to reverse course and head back south as number 11. It arrived back in Los Angeles today.

Today's 11 was a mere eight hours late at last report.

Date: 02/15/19 00:05
Re: This Is What Happens When A Train Is 20 Hours Late
Author: chrisparker

Nice Shooting as Normal. Enjoy your photograhy and messages.

Wouldn't want to be held captive on those trains.

The storms have even affected the airliners along the West Coast, not only our ground transportation.
Flight made an emergency landing into Reno enroute LAX to Seattle when encountered severe turbulence..

Chris
San Pedro

Posted from Android

Date: 02/16/19 11:41
Re: This Is What Happens When A Train Is 20 Hours Late
Author: ProAmtrak

I'm never gonna forget a few years ago when I5 was shut down for like a week because of snow and the only way ground wise was 11 and 14, they were late, but Amtrak and UP teamed up to make sure both trains were kept running, late or not!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0362 seconds