Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Passenger Trains > Train Jam

Date: 03/14/19 16:15
Train Jam
Author: tracklight

I see Amtrak 5-14 is showing as Train Jam; the yearly developer charter.  They chose a bad day, as their journey will likely end or face heavy delays at Creston, IA, both the BNSF and UP are closed with high water in Eastern Nebraska.

Date: 03/14/19 17:46
Re: Train Jam
Author: RutledgeRadio

Could be an interesting night. Train 6(12) is still crawling through Nebraska, over 17 hours late. Haven't heard any news about the BNSF closing, but I know the UP is closed across Iowa due to flooding around Missouri Valley. I suppose if worse came to worse Amtrak could bypass Omaha and continue straight west on the Creston Sub to Lincoln - unless there's severe flooding down at Plattsmouth, which I haven't heard of any yet.

The Train Jam #5 (this evenings train) has Phase II heritage unit 130 on the point. I was going to go out and catch it but the crazy wind gusts caused me to rethink my decision. I think I made the right choice...

Date: 03/14/19 23:25
Author: Rover

No updates on the Train Jam Twitter Page since before they arrived in Creston, IA... Nothing... Maybe out of cell tower range.

Date: 03/15/19 09:25
Author: 79mph

They got jammed up alright, 7 hours worth.  But got some rare mileage, for what that is worth to the jammers.
But now finally passing the combined train 6's of the 12th (30 hours down) and 13th that merged at Lincoln.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/19 09:28 by 79mph.

Date: 03/15/19 16:02
Author: inCHI

I just looked at posts under the account and hashtags on twitter and for what it's worth there wasn't mention of it being a nightmare. I'm sure it helps that the entire group uses the trip as a worksession.

Date: 03/15/19 18:11
Author: chakk

Amtrak Status Maps website shows the TrainJam consist is currently 14 hours late and not yet at Fort Morgan, Colorado.

Look for their Emeryville arrival to be in the wee hours of Sunday morning.

Date: 03/16/19 06:29
Author: chakk

Left Dener at 1:05 am — about 17 hours late.

now expected to arrive EMY Sunday morning, instead of Saturday afternoon.

Date: 03/16/19 15:33
Author: Lurch_in_ABQ

On board pix and vids at:   https://twitter.com/IndieTrainJam/with_replies

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds