Home Open Account Help 249 users online

Passenger Trains > Atlantic City and Princeton Dinky Resumes May 12 (2 weeks early)

Date: 04/17/19 10:11
Atlantic City and Princeton Dinky Resumes May 12 (2 weeks early)
Author: joemvcnj

https://www.njtransit.com/tm/tm_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=PressReleaseTo&PRESS_RELEASE_ID=3289

"As part of an effort to provide more reliable and frequent service for Atlantic City area commuters, the ACRL will resume with an improved schedule to better match service with customer demand. In response to customer feedback gained through NJ TRANSIT’s listening tour and enhanced customer focus, the new schedule includes an adjustment to a weekday a.m. peak period roundtrip which fills a gap in arrivals at Philadelphia 30th St. Station during the morning rush hour. The Agency will now offer five trains that arrive in Philadelphia prior to noon, up from three, and reduce wait times between trains to a maximum of two hours throughout the service day. Similar adjustments have been made to the weekend schedule. 

Princeton Branch (Dinky) service will resume with a schedule similar to its previous operation prior to the temporary suspension."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/19 11:04 by joemvcnj.

Date: 04/17/19 11:02
Re: Atlantic City and Princeton Dinky Resumes May 12 (2 weeks ear
Author: mbrotzman

Commentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xRqXYsksFg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/19 11:03 by mbrotzman.

Date: 04/17/19 12:41
Author: railcity

Why NJT got rid of 3:17 P.M. train out of Philly to AC, NJ. Now train leave at 4:20 P.M. out philly. This BS I have wait for over 1 hour from Amtrak 42 going too Atlantic City.

Date: 04/17/19 14:33
Author: PRSL-recall

It is always a positive to hear good news that involves any part of the old Pennsylvania-Reading Seashore Lines. Thanks certainly are due to all those in South Jersey who kept pushing to get these trains back. 

Although this news can be nothing but positive, anyone who grew up in South Jersey especially during the 60's and earlier mourns what used to be. A bare fragment remained in the 70's south of Lindenwold. Any time I experience the immense amount of summer traffic headed to or from the Cape May County Resorts (not to mention the ridiculous choking points) and realize that the great majority today know nothing about what used to exist and how FAST and COMFORTABLE PRSL was, I can only shake my head in unbelief. How the state, the state of my former residence tolerates this condition I have no idea. They have tolerated the rip-up of tracks into Ocean City and Wildwood, while the tracks headed into Cape May have been vandalized with no seeming consequence.

Date: 04/17/19 15:44
Author: jp1822

Very valid and relevant!

Restoration of the branch line to downtown Cape May - even seasonally - would be GREAT! Even with that, you still have a fragment of "what was." 

The Garden State Parkway and Atlantic City Expressway traffic in the summer time is ridiculous. 

Nothing but broken promises from Gov. Murphy as well. The NJT system, its schedules, its frequencies, its congestion, is still a mess. 

So glad I no longer have to do a daily commute to/from NYC on NJT or even Amtrak any more. 

Date: 04/17/19 16:28
Author: chess

To be fair, Murphy inherited this mess from the previous administration. It will take a LONG time before any positive results are seen. That being said, do I have confidence in him? Not really... As a Conductor on the Hoboken division for over 21 years, so far since Murphy's been in office, it's business as usual on NJT. I will say, there are far less cancellations these days. The hiring wave of engineers is continuing. I have never seen so many employees riding the head end of trains qualifying and learning the physical characteristics of the railroad in my life. The mechanical issues have eased a bit as well. Still many problems there, but better..

Date: 04/18/19 09:13
Author: Lackawanna484

chess Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To be fair, Murphy inherited this mess from the
> previous administration. It will take a LONG time
> before any positive results are seen. That being
> said, do I have confidence in him? Not really...
> As a Conductor on the Hoboken division for over 21
> years, so far since Murphy's been in office, it's
> business as usual on NJT. I will say, there are
> far less cancellations these days. The hiring wave
> of engineers is continuing. I have never seen so
> many employees riding the head end of trains
> qualifying and learning the physical
> characteristics of the railroad in my life. The
> mechanical issues have eased a bit as well. Still
> many problems there, but better.

I spent a few hours at Millburn the other night.  It seems clear that there have been some improvements.

Many trains had all doors opening.  Trains arrived on time, or close to time.  Some had flat wheels, but not every train, as has been observed in the past.

But there were a lot of short trains. Three car MU sets, ALP46 with seven cars, etc.  Progress is coming, of only in small doses.

Keep up the good work!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0507 seconds