Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Passenger Trains > "A Beautiful Spring day in Chicago..."

Date: 05/14/19 20:46
"A Beautiful Spring day in Chicago..."
Author: aussiehinz

... with lots of interesting things to watch and photograph around "MH" Tower.. It seemed it was unofficially "Amtrak Heritage Day" in town, with Phase III #145 on Train #49, and Phase II #130 on arriving Train #8. Thanks to "rrartist" up in La Crosse WI for the timely heads up advising of the special lead unit. In addition, arriving #49 carried two Charter private cars, both beautiful examples of railroading art and tradition, inside and out, while inbound #6 from California brought three more into the city.

Cheers
aussiehinz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/19 20:52 by aussiehinz.

Date: 05/14/19 20:47
Re: "A Beautiful Spring day in Chicago..."
Author: aussiehinz

Continued...

Date: 05/14/19 20:56
Author: jp1822

Nice catch! I saw those three private cars with Berlin and full length dome on the Coast Starlight last week! Did they come across on the CA Zephyr? 

And why are there two Viewliner Sleepers at the head end of #49? Usually it is just one Boston sleeper. Has Amtrak just “added” a dead-head Viewliner sleeper to be a buffer? Please say it ain’t so. It wasn’t like that a couple of weeks ago when I saw #49 pull into  Chicago, but there’s been some random changes across the system recently!

Date: 05/15/19 03:27
Author: robj

Sunny day in Chicago with lots of interesting movements. Thanks.

Bob

Date: 05/15/19 05:20
Author: PC1974

Extra moves on the wye, too! Both 352 and 354 had to shove from the station and turn on the Union Ave wye departing Chicago. Both were OTP losers at their final terminal. More bad news for the MIDOT money pit.

Date: 05/16/19 06:00
Author: chuchubob

jp1822 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice catch! I saw those three private cars with
> Berlin and full length dome on the Coast Starlight
> last week! Did they come across on the CA
> Zephyr? 
> ...

The three private cars were added to the Zephyr at Denver on Monday evening.

Date: 05/16/19 16:36
Author: traindave

they seem to go west on the zphyer then the next day east,  i saw em two days in a row on the truckee webcam 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0477 seconds