Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Passenger Trains > #11 through Oregon with PVs

Date: 06/01/19 16:41
#11 through Oregon with PVs
Author: roustabout

PVs Pacific Sands and Tioga Pass are on the rear of 11 today. I think I even spotted good old Norm!

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/19 16:58 by roustabout.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 06/01/19 17:32
Re: #11 through Oregon with PVs
Author: wjpyper

Nice vid Lou. Was that near Shed? Thanks for posting.
Bill Pyper
Salem, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/19 17:32 by wjpyper.

Date: 06/01/19 21:08

wjpyper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice vid Lou. Was that near Shed? Thanks for
> posting.
> Bill Pyper
> Salem, OR
>  

At Shedd, across the tracks from my house.  You can see my neighbor's RV and pickup at the start of the video.

Date: 06/01/19 21:16
Author: bothellamtrakfan

Any idea when they will add the third coach back?  Are the adding a fourth sleeper this summer?

Date: 06/01/19 21:38
Author: jp1822

bothellamtrakfan Wrote:
> Any idea when they will add the third coach
> back?  Are the adding a fourth sleeper this
> summer?

Amtrak still has the business class car on the Starlight, so they likely still view the train as having three "coaches." But they do need a third regular coach. Same for the fourth sleeper. It was slim pickings when I travelled in sleeper class early May on the Coast Starlight. Only bedrooms left after I took a Bedroom B was one bedroom A. There were a few roomettes, but not many, and that was for a booking I made in late March for May travel.

Amtrak had to get further inquiries about sleeper space from late March to when I travelled in May (even day of travel). There was also very little turnover in the sleepers in the Bay Area compared to what I experienced four years ago on this train. I was very surprised. Typically people would take a "day sleeper" from say LA to Oakland, and then in Emeryville or Sacramento, the sleeper would be turned for another occupant. Not sure if this has any correlation to the Pacific Parlor Car that once was or not. Anyway, the "day sleeper booking" often bumped out passengers looking to "go all the way." I saw less of that on this trip, and most sleeping car passengers travelling "all the way" from LA to Seattle or LA to Portland. 

Date: 06/02/19 01:18
Author: coach

Why so slow thru Shedd, Oregon?  It's flat and fast up there.

Date: 06/02/19 02:52
Author: andersonb109

Thank God no one illegally ventured out onto the platform and died. 

Date: 06/02/19 21:05

coach Wrote:
> Why so slow thru Shedd, Oregon?  It's flat and
> fast up there.

Maint of Way had tamped the main through there the day before.  The slow order was raised  a bit by the time #11 went through.   Today, no slow order.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds