Home Open Account Help 301 users online

Passenger Trains > New York Penn Station Infrastructure Renewal Work - June 28 ?

Date: 06/07/19 10:52
New York Penn Station Infrastructure Renewal Work - June 28 ?
Author: joemvcnj

This was reported on the NARP Hotline a few weeks ago for June 28 effectiveness:
  • Northeast Regional Trains 110 and 127 will be cancelled
  • Keystone Train 640 will terminate in Newark,
  • Train 643 will originate in Newark and Train 653 will depart New York a few minutes earlier than scheduled
  • Cardinal Train 51 will depart New York early on weekdays only
  • Maple Leaf Train 63 and Adirondack Train 69 will run as a combination train on Train 63’s schedule. The trains will split in Albany.
When I query Amtrak's website, it appears that these do not take effect until July 5, except the Adirondack's change doesn't happen until July 8. 
The Adirondack will sit in Albany for an extra hour on weekdays, and resume on its current schedule. It will run on its normal schedule all the way on Saturdays and Sundays.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/19 10:58 by joemvcnj.

Date: 06/07/19 13:50
Re: New York Penn Station Infrastructure Renewal Work - June 28 ?
Author: abyler

joemvcnj Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This was reported on the NARP Hotline a few weeks
> ago for June 28 effectiveness:
>
>
  • Northeast Regional Trains 110 and 127 will be
    > cancelled
Got to laugh, these trains were cancelled two years ago and have never been back in the schedule except briefly at Thanksgiving.

Date: 06/07/19 14:37
Author: joemvcnj

I was wondering about those two. I did'nt see them and didn't say anything as I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me on the NEC-1 schedule. 

Date: 06/10/19 12:47
Author: knotch8

abyler Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> joemvcnj Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This was reported on the NARP Hotline a few
> weeks
> > ago for June 28 effectiveness:
> >
> >
>
>
  • Northeast Regional Trains 110 and 127 will be
    > > cancelled
    >
    > Got to laugh, these trains were cancelled two
    > years ago and have never been back in the schedule
    > except briefly at Thanksgiving.

Agreed.  Saying that "110 and 127 will be cancelled" takes a lot of chutzpah on Amtrak's part, since, as abyler says, they've been cancelled since Summer 2017 with the exception of operating for a couple of days last Thanksgiving.  If you're in Philadelphia in the morning and want to take a non-Acela train to New York in the heart of the morning rush hour, you have a 1 hr 37 minute gap between trains.  But Amtrak says that it can't figure out a way to operate the train with no subsidy.

Date: 06/10/19 14:25
Author: anthracite

Indeed. Unlike numerous other things it lacks, Amtrak definitely has no shortage of arrogant effrontery.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0302 seconds