Home Open Account Help 222 users online

Passenger Trains > Heads up PA and NY on the water level route

Date: 06/08/19 08:07
Heads up PA and NY on the water level route
Author: Trolleysteve

Today while checking the internet, I wondered if Amtrak had run #'s 29, 30, 48, and 49 due to the derailment at Swanton, Ohio on Norfolk Southern. I was pleasantly surprised to see that all the trains were running, but late. I also discovered that #48, The Lake Shore Limited was due to pass a mile from my home at CP167 in minutes. Knowing there would be a good sun angle on the train, I dropped what I was doing and made a bee line for the tracks. As I crossed the tracks, I could see the headlight for what I assumed to be Amtrak coming from the west. I also saw a headlight coming from the east. Parked nearby and I walked to the tracks. By now I could see that I had a CSX freight coming at me on the nearest track. I thought darkside or nothing for Amtrak. So I quickly crossed the tracks. As I was crossing the gates activated for the CSX freight. As it turns out my crossing the tracks was unnecessary. I should have looked up at lineside signals, since they would have told me I didn't have to cross. It was the CSX job that was going to cross, cross over that is! In the distance the headlight for what I assume is a now creeping #48 can be seen. By the time the freight cleared the interlocking, Amtrak was at a stop. The dispatcher did their work quickly and relined things for Amtrak. Then I got that good sun angle shot I had come for. The time 10:10am in Willowick, Ohio, east side of Cleveland. In the going away shot, the headlight of another CSX freight can be seen. #48 is probably going to dodging freights all day.

Steve

Date: 06/08/19 08:09
Re: Heads up PA and NY on the water level route
Author: Trolleysteve

The last two pictures.

Date: 06/08/19 18:18
Author: atsf121

Nice pictures, you got lucky with the crossover.

Nathan

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/09/19 05:56
Author: joemvcnj

Looks like the SIlver Meteor consist + 1 coach (I see 7 Amfleet), with no Boston section.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0547 seconds