Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Passenger Trains > Train 371 on the Kalamazoo River Bridge

Date: 06/12/19 04:37
Train 371 on the Kalamazoo River Bridge
Author: rhburn3

Beautiful morning about 30 minutes ago in West Michigan.  The train is 10 miles south of Holland, MI.  This is first time I have seen it with Amfleet cars in a long long time.

Rick Burn

Date: 06/12/19 05:34
Re: Train 371 on the Kalamazoo River Bridge
Author: IC_2024

Nice setting — like the reflection, too... Wow, a Charger w/ Horizons/Amfleets looks pretty good, indeed!

Date: 06/12/19 08:31
Author: PC1974

Rare location.. Just came down Sagattack Hill (Pusher Territory).... Little known grade. Proceeding south there was a signal called "Helper" with a switch for pushers to wait on assignment. Switch and signal retired....

Date: 06/12/19 10:04
Author: IC_2024

PC1974 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Rare location.. Just came down Sagattack Hill
> (Pusher Territory).... Little known grade.
> Proceeding south there was a signal called
> "Helper" with a switch for pushers to wait on
> assignment. Switch and signal retired....

I worked this train briefly in the 80’s, PC1974... Was one of my favorites — much lower key than the Detroit jobs! And, I love TO’s still for the “encyclopedic” RR knowledge that people like you share here— thanks for the profile info of this obscure spot!

Date: 06/13/19 07:51
Author: z-trains

Many a morning was spent on that pedestrian bridge when I lived in Grand Rapids, brings back good memories of seeing the first run of the Chargers on that line a few autumns ago. Great shot!

-Zach

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0292 seconds