Home Open Account Help 283 users online

Passenger Trains > The "Broadway Limited" recreated

Date: 07/11/19 13:57
The "Broadway Limited" recreated
Author: mp109

Today's eastbound Pennsylvanian had on it the two private cars used to recreate the "Broadway Limited" experience. 
1. Another fan joined us at Lucknow Road to record the special. 
2. Amtrak put a special engine on the train. 
3. The two private cars; "Salisbury Beach" and "Frank Thomson" bring up the rear with a tail sign providing a nice touch. 

Date: 07/11/19 14:53
Re: The "Broadway Limited" recreated
Author: boejoe

Thanks for being trackside.  An earlier post today on the Broadway indicated Catalpa Falls would be also joined by Lamberts Point (plus the observation lounge) but we see Salisbury Beach on the Pennsylvanian.  I also thought I read in an even earlier post that the Colonial Crafts was supposed to be the third car in the consist this weekend.  Last minute changes, I guess.  Three tuscan red cars would have been nice (even nicer with Juniata Terminal's E-8A units and cars.  I realize the E-8's can't run anymore on many lines due to PTC costs)

Date: 07/11/19 17:12
Author: gbmott

Was Catalpa Fall bad ordered?  An earlier post today indicated that it was to have been in the consist.

Gordon 

Date: 07/11/19 18:12
Author: BAG

gbmott Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was Catalpa Fall bad ordered?  An earlier post
> today indicated that it was to have been in the
> consist.
>
> Gordon 

Gordon -

The Catalpa Falls arrived in New York Penn Station at 5:43 pm this evening.  Photos show the Catalpa Falls team on the platform in Penn Station, Track 9.  I am currently sitting on the car in Sunnyside Yard assembled on tomorrow's Pennsylvanian (Amtark Train 43).  No bad order here.  

We left Philadelphia earlier today, so we would not have been in Harrisburg.  We were absolutely not bad ordered.

Photos of tomorrow's trip very much appreciated!

Bob Andrews
The Catalpa Falls Group, LLC

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/19 18:20 by BAG.

Date: 07/11/19 18:43
Author: gbmott

That's good, it would have been a shame otherwise.

Gordon

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds