Home Open Account Help 293 users online

Passenger Trains > CZ summer consist question

Date: 07/11/19 21:06
CZ summer consist question
Author: Pioneer2526

I’m taking my grandkids for a day trip in a couple of weeks DEN GJT anyway are the sleepers still up front ? And how many coaches currently on the train ??

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/11/19 21:32
Re: CZ summer consist question
Author: Agent

Sleepers are up front.  Three coaches on the end.

Date: 07/11/19 21:39
Author: TennesseeTraveler

Maybe some are hopeful, but sleepers in front is PERMANENT at least for the last 2 plus years.  Interestingly, all Superliner sleepers(except Portland sleepers on EB and Eagle Sleeper on SL) are now in front and most if not all Viewliner Sleepers are in back.  Don't expect to see that change in the future.

Date: 07/12/19 07:09
Author: Pioneer2526

Thanks !

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/12/19 09:58
Author: jp1822

The CA Zephyr is one the Western Long Hauls where the THREE summer sleepers were running on the rear and the coaches WERE running behind the Superliner Trans-Dorm Sleeper. Not sure exactly why this train had been setup like this, but it had been. I think even last year it was running with the sleepers on the rear. When it went back to TWO sleepers in the off season, then the sleepers were swithed back to the front of the consist behind the Superliner Trans-Dorm Sleeper. I was aboard a few times when those in the Dorm Sleeper were complaining about the "long walk" between their sleeper and the Diner/Sightseer Lounge. 

Date: 07/12/19 10:28
Author: WAF

Poor babies. Have to walk through a few cars. Good exercise or you. What else are you going to do on a train

Date: 07/12/19 10:51
Author: jp1822

WAF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Poor babies. Have to walk through a few cars. Good
> exercise or you. What else are you going to do on
> a train

I really don't know what solution they would have had, as they definitely weren't babies. They were in the over 70 age group and had "some" mobility issues. But they did make it through the cars nonetheless! 

I always enjoy my train travel (or make the best of it in a challenging situation) and take regular walks through the cars. Glad I am able to do that without complaint. 

Date: 07/12/19 22:55
Author: SanDiegan

The Chicago sleeper on the Sunset is also on the rear from Los Angeles to San Antonio.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds