Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Passenger Trains > NJT cancellations on the North Jersey Coast Line 7/14

Date: 07/15/19 17:40
NJT cancellations on the North Jersey Coast Line 7/14
Author: OCtrainguy

It's been well documented here concerning the delay and cancelled trains due to shortages in equipment and engineers.  I can't vouch for other lines, as I don't get all alerts, but the North  Jersey Coast Line was hit rather hard with cancelled trains yesterday.  I know the NEC had a lot as well.  My phone was steady all day with the alerts and am guessing whoever gathers the information to send out the alerts got swamped as some line/train numbers seemed to have gotten mixed up.  A few examples, where I underlined the mix ups:

ACRL train #4728, the 10:21am from Bay Head, is cancelled due to engineer availability. Customers to NJ Transit bus or train #4732, the 11:21am from Bay Head.
Sent: 10:08 AM

ACRL train #4733, the 11:46am from Long Branchh, is cancelled due to engineer availability. Customers to train #4732, the 12:46 pm from Long Branch.
Sent: 10:13 AM

NJCL train #7637, the 11:44am Trenton arrival, is subject to up to a 20 min. delay due to making additional stops.
Sent: 11:40 AM

Update: NJCL train #4740, the 1:19pm from Bay Head, is cancelled due to engineer availability. Customers to NJ Transit bus service.
Sent: 3:03 PM

1 of 2: NJCL rail service will continue to provide NJ Transit bus service as substitute shuttle service between Bay Head and Long Branch...
Sent: 3:59 PM
2 of 2: due to cancellations resulting from engineer availability for the remainder of the day.
Sent: 4:00 PM

Bus service from Bay Head to Long Branch and back ran for most of the day.  Hopefully, these issues get worked out and resolved earlier rather than later.  

Date: 07/15/19 17:41
Re: NJT cancellations on the North Jersey Coast Line 7/14
Author: joemvcnj

The entire Newark Division has been a horror show since Saturday.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/16/19 04:22
Author: Passfanatic

I’m supposed to go down to visit a friend in Ocean Grove on Sat and will be using the train to get to and from Asbury Park. I really hope that there aren’t any cancellations of any sorts. This is all out of hand. It doesn’t help at all that this is the height of the summer.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/16/19 05:13
Author: Lackawanna484

Saturdays and Sundays have seen some cancels. As have Friday and Monday.

Guys work their schedule, work OT, but enough is enough.

The company knew this problem was developing years ago. And chose not to address it.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/16/19 09:12
Author: Passfanatic

Many cancellations this past Sunday and it was like running the off season schedule for the lower coast line. I’m sure that there were several upset passengers down in the shore towns of Monmouth and Upper Ocean Counties.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0308 seconds