Home Open Account Help 388 users online

Passenger Trains > 30 Passengers Waiting on the Wrong Platform + Private PRR Cars

Date: 07/15/19 20:59
30 Passengers Waiting on the Wrong Platform + Private PRR Cars
Author: eastpenn23

I showed up at Exton, PA on Sunday to catch the eastbound Pennsylvanian, train #42, and its three PRR cars (Catalpa Falls, Colonial Crafts, Frank Thomson). After setting up on the north platform, I heard from the scanner and another railfan that 42 would be running down Track 4 because of work at Thorndale. The train was delayed waiting for a WB Keystone train to clear track 4 and they only ran 20 mph from Thorndale to Exton because the track has no signals for EBs. I switched to the south platform to get a wider view, but the passengers did not know that the EB would be on the WB track. When 42 arrived, it had to wait for its passengers to go under the tracks to the other platform. I told a few passengers this might happen, but not everyone becuase I couldn't be 100% sure. Anyway, the PRR cars tacked on the end for the anniversary of the Broadway Limited looked nice! Enjoy

1 - 42 arrives as passengers begin the 3 minute walk to the other side
2 - The private PRR cars with some bad glare
3 - The WB Keystone stopped under PRR signals. This train held track 4 before 42

Edit - Track number

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/19 16:30 by eastpenn23.

Date: 07/16/19 04:38
Re: 30 Passengers Waiting on the Wrong Platform + Private PRR Car
Author: resqjon

The tracks are actually numbered 1,2 and 4. Track 3 is gone.

Nice pics!

Jon

Date: 07/16/19 09:24
Author: bluesboyst

that bridge in pic 1 in the background... is that the abandoned P&T branch at Whitford?

Date: 07/16/19 09:47
Author: eastpenn23

bluesboyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that bridge in pic 1 in the background... is that
> the abandoned P&T branch at Whitford?
>
>  

Yup

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/16/19 10:59
Author: King_Coal

Nice photos. Looks bare without the 4th track. And GG1s. Sigh....

Date: 07/17/19 20:04
Author: Kemacprr

The PRR took out three in  the late 50's . So you have them to blame. East of Glen there are now two tracks as #2 is gone Glen to Paoli. ----  Ken 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0408 seconds