Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Passenger Trains > Schedule adjustment #4 Barstow to Gallup eff July 22.

Date: 07/21/19 03:53
Schedule adjustment #4 Barstow to Gallup eff July 22.
Author: mundo

Schedule Changes on Southwest Chief Train 4Effective Monday, July 22, 2019To improve reliability, the Southwest Chief schedule will be adjusted. Train 4 will operate 10 minutes later from Barstow to Gallup. It will operate on the current schedule from Albuquerque to Chicago. PSN 0719-87

Date: 07/21/19 05:18
Re: Schedule adjustment #4 Barstow to Gallup eff July 22.
Author: mp51w

That's a realistic decision!  Thanks for the heads up Ed!

Date: 07/21/19 11:34
Author: SP4360

That's a great idea, don't improve speed and reliability, just adjust time to make it seem better. 

Date: 07/21/19 12:27
Author: RuleG

SP4360 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That's a great idea, don't improve speed and
> reliability, just adjust time to make it seem
> better. 

How can Amtrak force BNSF to make the changes needed to improve speed and reliability for Trains 4 & 3 between Barstown and Gallup?

Date: 07/21/19 13:07
Author: PHall

RuleG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> SP4360 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That's a great idea, don't improve speed and
> > reliability, just adjust time to make it seem
> > better. 
>
> How can Amtrak force BNSF to make the changes
> needed to improve speed and reliability for Trains
> 4 & 3 between Barstown and Gallup?

Find a way to control the weather. BNSF can't do a thing about the weather. It's summer monsoon season which means flash flood watches/warnings.

Date: 07/21/19 17:35
Author: mundo

If one followed the delays between Barstow and Gallup, yet arrive Albuquere OT or a hour easrly can see that a restrinning of the schedule is required.  Could have even been later, but the BNSF is moving  lots of tonnage in this area, that will  need some  triple track if business continues to pick up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/19 01:13 by mundo.

Date: 07/22/19 00:15
Author: SP4360

Sarcasm boys, sarcasm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/19 00:16 by SP4360.

Date: 07/22/19 06:46
Author: OliveHeights

Is the extra 10 minutes just added onto the end of the schedule at Gallup or at the start at Barstow?  10 minutes seems such an insignificant amount of time over that much distance.  Why Gallup?  So, it’s back on the old schedule Gallup to Albuquerque?

i can’t see how 10 minutes would make any difference to passengers that might be boarding or getting off at any of the stops between Barstow and Gallup.  Improving reliability seems bogus to me.  

As a dispatcher the extra 10 minutes wouldn’t change the way I would handle the train, until it arrived at some station 20 minutes early for a main line stop.  Then I would have to decide if I wanted to let the freights behind them sit or around.  If I let the freight around how will I get Amtrak back around the freight.

Date: 07/22/19 16:34
Author: ProAmtrak

Is this just for monsoon season or is this for good, no. 4 has been doing decent getting over the road in general anyway!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0491 seconds