Home Open Account Help 245 users online

Passenger Trains > Never Enough Power?

Date: 09/06/19 23:11
Never Enough Power?
Author: Jadon

As noted in a post I made a few weeks ago (linked here), the TRE in North Texas has been having a bit of difficulty with their power recently. Another example of that happened yesterday, September 6th, when they ran a two car train, with two locomotives. One being a F40PH they're leasing from LTEX and the other one of their own F59PH locomotives. When I found out about this I made my way through rush hour traffic to a spot hidden behind an office complex that I knew would have a well lit, and open area, to photograph the train. I also attached a video of the train flying by with the first few seconds being the sound of the engineer blowing the horn for a crossing about a quarter mile away.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 09/07/19 03:33
Re: Never Enough Power?
Author: Ray_Murphy

Here's your lead unit back in May 2013 leading Montreal's AMT Train 816 past the former CN Wellington Tower.

Ray 

Date: 09/07/19 05:58
Author: SAAP

Great pictures. It’s a disgrace though that service has deteriorated to this point

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/08/19 15:17
Author: Passfanatic

Great shots! TRE seems to be going through the same issues that NJT is in my neck of the woods. The Metro North owned GP40FH-2 and GP40PH-2 owned units, which are typically assigned to the NJT routes that up into NY State, haven't been able to operate under their own power for about a year since they are awaiting PTC installation. These MNR owned Geep units get around the Hoboken Division in general.

Date: 09/08/19 23:47
Author: SP4360

Usually when you see this, work was done one a unit and a 'protect' unit is run with it to make sure there is no delay . So disgrace, not so much. Knee jerk reaction, sad.

SAAP Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Great pictures. It’s a disgrace though that
> service has deteriorated to this point
>
> Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/09/19 17:12
Author: Abqfoamer

So, wonder why is the lead unit still carrying loco leaser/rebuilder Larry'sTruck Electric markings?

Date: 09/10/19 00:04
Author: ATSF1129

SAAP Wrote:
> Great pictures. It’s a disgrace though that
> service has deteriorated to this point
>
> Posted from iPhone

If your fleet had a big chunk of it taken out of service due to vehicle collisions would you call it a deterioration?

Date: 09/10/19 08:27
Author: bnsf6606

Probably because they are leasing it from LTE

Abqfoamer Wrote:
> So, wonder why is the lead unit still carrying
> loco leaser/rebuilder Larry'sTruck Electric
> markings?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds