Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Passenger Trains > Quincy, MA and Surrounding Area Railfanning

Date: 09/13/19 17:41
Quincy, MA and Surrounding Area Railfanning
Author: Passfanatic

Hello, In two weeks, I am going to be staying at the Howard Johnsons Hotel in Quincy MA for five nights. Where are the best spots in and around Quincy to photograph the Red Line and MBTA operations on the Old Colony Division?

Date: 09/13/19 19:05
Re: Quincy, MA and Surrounding Area Railfanning
Author: PHall

There's still Howard Johnsons that are open?

Date: 09/13/19 19:57

There are still Howard Johnsons. The one that I will be staying at is .6 miles from the Wollaston Station which I will be using a lot. I'll be using the Red Line a lot. One morning or afternoon, I plan to tinker back and fourth railfanning at various spots along the Mattapan-Ashmont Line. I hope to get some MBTA Old Colony Line trains at various spots not just in Quincy, but in Braintree and maybe a little south of there. I see that the Red Line and MBTA Old Colony Lines cross the Neponset River and I would love to try to get some pictures of those trains crossing the bridge.

Date: 09/13/19 20:01
Author: livesteamer

Might consider trying to catch the Fore River Railroad if it is operating at the old Fore River shipyard
www.mwra.com/03sewer/html/railroad.htm

Posted from Android

Marty Harrison
Knob Noster, MO

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/19 06:49 by livesteamer.

Date: 09/14/19 05:33
Author: tmurray

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's still Howard Johnsons that are open?

Hotels, yes. Restaurants, no.

Date: 09/16/19 14:05
Author: Frank30

I will say your timing  on the visit is great!  The Wollaston MBTA station, which you are going to use frequently,
has been closed for renovations (making it ADA compliant) for two years +/- and just reopened last week.
Have fun and get lots of good pictures!
Frank30

Date: 09/23/19 05:37

Will do. I’ll be using Wollaston Station a lot. It looks like during the warmer months, it might be a good station to photograph commuter rail action.

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0298 seconds