Home Open Account Help 313 users online

Passenger Trains > More new P42s

Date: 11/30/00 14:22
More new P42s
Author: SilverSky

"New Paint" P42s 123, 124 and 125 departed Chicago on the "Empire Builder" on Wednesday, November 29. The "Lakeshore Limited" arrived Chicago today, Thursday, November 30, powered by 46, 128, 126 and 127. Now there are at least six of the new P42s out there running, all in the "Sea World" paint scheme.

Date: 11/30/00 14:39
RE: More new P42s
Author: MikeRonning

First, we have the "Pepsi Cans" (Converted Freight Units), then we have the "Cinna-Bon" paint Scheme in the North West, the "Sea-Wave" Paint Scheme on the Surfliners, the "Quad-Color" Paint on the Amtrak California Fleet, PHASE IV on lots of EQUPT, and ofcourse, there is the Acela Paint on the NEC.

That would make the so-called "Seaworld" paint the Phase V paint.

Mike Ronning in SLO

Date: 12/01/00 05:49
SeaWorld paint scheme
Author: NE933

I like that name. We at TrainOrders should make that the official term in our little lingo, vernacular - if you will.

Date: 12/01/00 18:25
RE: SeaWorld paint scheme
Author: Crashela

SeaWORLD? Why does that make me think of a sinking pirate ship? Hmm, dunno if I like that, seems like the "Pirates of the NEC" are sinking the ship anyway...

Forget it, I'll call it the SeaSICK paint scheme. More appropriate, just seeing the darned thing makes me reach for the illness bag.

Crashela.
Definitely AIRsick.

Date: 12/03/00 00:03
RE: SeaWorld paint scheme
Author: proamtrak

More complicated units amtrak has to fight with if they break down, like what happened to train 3 today in La Junta. Man it was better when they had the F40s!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0253 seconds