Home Open Account Help 186 users online

Passenger Trains > Amtrak around Williamsburg, VA on 8/1

Date: 10/07/19 19:29
Amtrak around Williamsburg, VA on 8/1
Author: OCtrainguy

Going through photos from a week's vacation based in Williamsburg.  On August 1st, I was able to catch eastbound Northeast Regional train 67 at Lightfoot, VA (by the Williamsburg Pottery) during the mid-morning and then train 66 making its station stop in Williamsburg late that afternoon. 

1.  Passing the signals as by the pottery it goes from 2 tracks to 1 track
2.  Another photo at the signals
3.  Baggage car on the train

A few of train 66 to follow. 

Date: 10/07/19 19:33
Re: Amtrak around Williamsburg, VA on 8/1

Continuing the photos..

4.  Before I left the Lightfoot area, I got a photo of this mile marker.  Not sure what the 45 is measured from.  The telephoto would make the curve look sharper as well.

Then onto Williamsburg for the late afternoon arrival of train 66.  Based on the train schedule, 67 spends the day in Newport News and heads back with the same consist for train 66.
5.  Arrived at the station
6.  The baggage car again

Hope you enjoy! 

Date: 10/07/19 19:37
Author: RevRandy

Always good to see the old stomping grounds - spent many an hour train watching at both locations.

Thanks

Date: 10/07/19 22:46
Author: RNinRVR

I believe that the milage is measure from Old Point Comfort which was the end point for the C&O for years.

Sharon Evans
Glen Allen, VA

Date: 10/08/19 17:11
Author: emd_mrs1

RNinRVR Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I believe that the milage is measure from Old
> Point Comfort which was the end point for the C&O
> for years.

The zero milepost is on Ft Monroe complete with a historical marker. Its not in its exact original location, but its close

Michael

Date: 10/08/19 18:04

Thanks for the information on the milepost.  Not being from the area, this is all new to me.  But I do enjoy seeing the old mileposts still by the tracks.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0388 seconds