Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Passenger Trains > NJ Transit PRR, EL & CNJ Heritage in Railway Age

Date: 10/11/19 19:20
NJ Transit PRR, EL & CNJ Heritage in Railway Age
Author: RuleG

William C. Vantuono writes an enthusiastic Railway Age column about the following NJ Transit locomotives painted in heritage schemes:

ALP46A 4636 painted in the Pennsylvania Railroad Tuscan with gold stripes scheme
ALP46 - DP 4519 painted in the Erie Lackawanna scheme
GP40PH-2 4109 painted in the Central Railroad of New Jersey blue scheme

Joining in the fun was GP7 1524 also painted in the CNJ green scheme, owned by the United Railroad Historical Society of New Jersey:

https://www.railwayage.com/passenger/commuterregional/man-those-prr-pinstripes-look-awesome/?RAchannel=commuterregional

Date: 10/11/19 19:51
Re: NJ Transit PRR, EL & CNJ Heritage in Railway Age
Author: pdt

Wiith all due respect, sometimes its better to make asthetic adjustments, rather than try to fit a tapered nose scheme on a very flat nose engine.
That EL engine nose is SOOOO ugly, it would be better left NJT.  The EL would never have done something like that.
I know i should applaud any heritage engine of any sort....but that's actually gone to far off the deep end

Date: 10/12/19 16:05
Author: 4489

pdt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wiith all due respect, sometimes its better to
> make asthetic adjustments, rather than try to fit
> a tapered nose scheme on a very flat nose engine.
> That EL engine nose is SOOOO ugly, it would be
> better left NJT.  The EL would never have done
> something like that.
> I know i should applaud any heritage engine of any
> sort....but that's actually gone to far off the
> deep end

If the E-L had still been with us..................

Date: 10/12/19 22:56
Author: 1976

Maybe one day all the crybabies will get what they want and there will be zero special paint schemes or operations anywhere. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and of course the pinstripes on the PRR don't line up, but saying a railroad shouldn't try anything special is going off the deep end. With every new engine comes another band of naysayers, and I'm starting to change my opinion on what type of people the boomers actually are.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/19 22:57 by 1976.

Date: 10/13/19 10:32
Author: sixaxlecentury

Alot of great guys at NJT (mostly YOUNG ones) worked their asses off to get this done.     Jesus.    

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds