Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Passenger Trains > Semaphores and the Southwest Chief

Date: 10/13/19 17:42
Semaphores and the Southwest Chief
Author: cn6218

I finally got to see the New Mexico semaphones in September, the last ones on the continent that still control real (not tourist line) trains.  With only two days and NO experience on this line, my stills can't hold a candle to highgreengraphics' (see post on this forum near the beginning of September).  But I did get some memorable images just the same.  First image is the west end of Chapelle, at about 09:30 in the morning.  The light would be perfect for an eastbound, but No. 4 won't get there for a few more hours (if it's on time).  An hour and a half later I framed up the eastward signal at the west end of Levy with Wagon Mound in the distance.  A coyote photo bombed me, or maybe he was just wondering if the Southwest Chief was on its way.

The video is a composite of No. 3 at Bernal on our journey west, and then the westbound again at Colmor as we returned to the east coast.

GTD

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/13/19 18:12
Re: Semaphores and the Southwest Chief
Author: RFandPFan

Great video!

Date: 10/13/19 18:18
Author: zfan

This video brought rarely seen tears to my eyes!!

Date: 10/13/19 18:54
Author: dcfbalcoS1

Nothing wrong with that coyote in the photo, they are a part of everyday out here. And sometimes a little too close.

Date: 10/13/19 19:45
Author: UP951West

Truly fine images and super job on the video work ! THANKS !!

Date: 10/13/19 20:15
Author: P

Great video. I hope to ride that route for a second time real soon.

Posted from Android

Date: 10/14/19 09:42
Author: atsf121

I love the second one with the coyote, great image.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 10/21/19 12:18
Author: Rick2582

How many semaphores are left operating in New Mex ?  Want to go see them before they might disappear....
Rick S
Redding, CA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0279 seconds