Home Open Account Help 316 users online

Passenger Trains > Issues I am having booking a trip on Amtrak's website

Date: 11/04/19 06:30
Issues I am having booking a trip on Amtrak's website
Author: OCtrainguy

There was a thread recently about people having issues with Amtrak's website.  This might be more a FYI, but maybe others are having the same issue.  I can navigate the sight without any issues including booking my trip.  The issue I have is when I go to pay.  I keep getting an error message "This site says...  The following information is needed for your request to be processed:  -- Select payment credit card"

I have inputted the credit card number, expire date and the CSV number.  I've used Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.  I've tried this both at home (desktop and laptop) and at work with the same end result.  

I will be reaching out to Amtrak on this, but wanted to share as others may experience this as well.

Date: 11/04/19 06:38
Re: Issues I am having booking a trip on Amtrak's website
Author: mbrotzman

You add the CC information then hit the "add card" or "add payment method" or something button in that section.  That adds the credit card as a source of payment/  THEN you fill out the rest of the page and submit or whatever.  It's there to facilitate adding vouchers or other methods of payment. It's clunky, but understandable if you actually read the page carefully.

Date: 11/04/19 06:39
Author: bigmc83

I booked the other day, and had a similar issue....When you input your credit card information, there should be an "add" button at the bottom right.  I don't believe it stores your card information, but for some reason is needed to apply your CC info to the transaction.

-Sean

Date: 11/04/19 06:58

Ah, interesting.  Don't recall having to do that before, but will try that.  I prefer not to store my credit card on a website. 

Thank you! 

Date: 11/04/19 07:43

And that did do the trick.  Successfully booked my reservation.  

Date: 11/04/19 07:51
Author: displacedneb

Well for now we stay actual humans selling tickets in Fort Worth, tx. I gave up
And bought my ticket from them.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/04/19 08:14
Author: ronald321

Yes, it's that "add card" that is so confusing.  When I purchase anything on my credit card, I don't want to "add" my card to anything.

On most (if not all) other websites - after you enter credit card info - you get a prompt saying "next" or "continue"
on Amtrak site you get "add card to your profile" --- totally annoying!

Date: 11/04/19 11:51
Author: amtrakbill

I had the same issue

I had to use explorer which I never do instead of chrome

Hopefully someone at Amtrak can escalate this bug

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/04/19 13:10
Author: PHall

I have no problems at all but then I use the Amtrak app on my phone which horror of horrors store my credit card data.
Have had zero problems with reservations and tickets with it. But then I like using computers.

Date: 11/07/19 18:12
Re: Issues I am having booking a trip on Amtrak website
Author: steamboat

i always ask Julie for a agent  sometimes you have to wait a few minutes but lately got one fast then you get a live person that should know everything.... never book on line your just playing into  the new CEO s hand s

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds