Home Open Account Help 224 users online

Passenger Trains > Late #6 on The Hill Today Rounding the Canyon's Edge

Date: 11/05/19 15:33
Late #6 on The Hill Today Rounding the Canyon's Edge
Author: BoilingMan

Not crazy late, maybe 2hrs down.  I don't know why they're late, but I suppose the UP helper might be a clue?  
This is out at Gorge, CA and the car behind the power is that FRA car- the one in PRR colors.
SR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/19 21:27 by BoilingMan.

Date: 11/05/19 15:45
Re: Late #6 on The Hill Today
Author: mp51w

Good catch!  Unique lighting! Rare car in consist, etc....

Date: 11/06/19 18:36
Author: IC_2024

Was good seeing you there, SR. We added the 5275 at RSV acct major traction motor problems w/ the 170. Greg Gant’s running here— nice backlit photo. Reminds me a bit of the one on the cover of Dorn and Steinheimer’s “Diesels over Donner” that was also taken here.

Date: 11/06/19 18:54

Hey Mark, thanks for the backstory on this. Looking right into the sun like that I couldn’t see who it was waving- just your silhouettes. (And I think I’d taken my glasses off to better see through the viewfinder- I’m nearsighted)
SR

BTW- I’m only here for a coupl’a weeks. On the 20th I sail for the Sea of Cortez (Baja) and will be gone about a month. Ahoy!

Date: 11/06/19 20:25
Re: Late #6 on The Hill Today Rounding the Canyon's Edge
Author: WoodrowStool

Boiling Man is back in his element for the 2019/2020 winter season!  Can't wait to see all the new photos, this is the main reason I subscribe here.  This one is a beauty.

Date: 11/06/19 21:03
Re: Late #6 on The Hill Today Rounding the Canyon's Edge

Ha! Thanks, but as I said, I’m not quite back just yet. I came home to lay in firewood and other pre-winter stuff (also deal with the power probs).
I’ve a bit more sailing to do before Christmas, then I’ll be up for the Winter- pray for snow!
SR

Date: 11/06/19 22:30
Author: IC_2024

Wow, glad to see you're keeping really busy in retirement, SR and "sailing away"-- ahoy, indeed-- good times!
Look for us tomorrow if you're out and about-- we might have the heritage 184 and 822 back on #6, but they'll probably hold one of them for Oak--we'll see.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/19 22:32 by IC_2024.

Date: 11/07/19 07:15

Mmm,K
I’ll be home, so I’ll see if I can come up with something...
SR

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds