Home Open Account Help 296 users online

Passenger Trains > RIP Amtrak’s Jim Lewis

Date: 11/08/19 15:55
RIP Amtrak’s Jim Lewis
Author: BAG

It saddens me to report that Jim Lewis, retired mechanical superintendent at Amtrak Chicago, was shot and killed in his home last night. https://abc7chicago.com/uncle-fatally-shot-by-attacker-sexually-assaulting-niece-in-burnside/5682917/ and https://wgntv.com/2019/11/08/man-killed-while-trying-to-protect-niece-who-was-being-sexually-assaulted-in-burnside/

Jim provided tremendous service to George Payne and I when we were bringing the ex-PRR Chippewa Creek cross-country on a shop-move from LAUPT to CUM some years ago.  We needed some new brake shoes in Chicago and he and his team were just teriffic.  He was known by all to be a true gentleman.

I am so saddened in this violant and totally senseless death.  Prayers for Jim's departed soul, his family, friends and former co-workers.

Bob Andrews
The Catalpa Falls Group, LLC

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/19 15:58 by BAG.

Date: 11/08/19 17:55
Re: RIP Amtrak’s Jim Lewis
Author: RailRyder

Wow, what a tragedy. Jim was one of the finest that I ever worked with at Amtrak. What a shame.

-Jim Fetchero

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/19 18:09 by RailRyder.

Date: 11/08/19 18:45
Author: GenePoon

Police say that apparently the suspect was invited into the home by the niece.

Date: 11/08/19 21:30
Author: DevalDragon

Just heard about this in WBBM. Looks like a very complicated and involved story. At least they have one person in history.

Date: 11/09/19 08:22
Author: TexasChief

Jim was a dear friend who helped us on our cars for many years. Jim was one of the nicest man  I had ever met. I just talked to him last week. The niece he took in was troubling to Jim and His wife. It cost him his life. We are adding a decal on our cars on the under frame that will read "In loving memory of James Lewis.2019." Patrick Henry

Date: 11/09/19 10:58
Author: Neutron-Don

RIP "Mule"...What a shame!

Date: 11/09/19 19:36
Author: ProAmtrak

That's sad, hope they got the guy who killed him!

Posted from Android

Date: 11/09/19 20:11
Author: dan

the niece's boyfriend sounds like he is in custody

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.037 seconds