Home Open Account Help 350 users online

Passenger Trains > My Missouri River Runner ride kc to St. Louis today

Date: 11/21/19 13:55
My Missouri River Runner ride kc to St. Louis today
Author: displacedneb

Train was on time the whole way. Food was decent. Crew was superb, the condr made timely announcements on stops and opposing trains. The fellow running the biz class was constantly checking on his passengers.

Downs. The WiFi was miserable. The car wheels felt they had a lot of hickies.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 11/21/19 16:04
Re: My Missouri River Runner ride kc to St. Louis today
Author: MSE

Was the restroom stinky?

Date: 11/22/19 07:40
Author: mpe383

I have rode the River Runner several times and it has been a good experience.  I ride in the business class car which I have found keeps me away from the school field trip, football game tailgater crowd.   I don't think I even tried the wi-fi... but can say the restroom was acceptable and didn't smell too bad.

Date: 11/22/19 09:53
Author: BobB

I've never had good wifi on an Amtrak train outside the corridor, and I've taken almost all of them many times.  I don't think that the cellphone network that I believe Amtrak uses is sufficiently dense in the rural areas where its trains run for continually reliable service.  It's much more interesting to watch the country go by or to read a book or Kindle.

Date: 11/22/19 15:36
Author: Alco251

My last trip (KC-Kirkwood) included on-time running, friendly crew and an engineer who appeared to be just getting the feel of the SC-44 Charger's brakes. Felt like I was riding the caboose of a Labadie coal train.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.033 seconds