Home Open Account Help 198 users online

Passenger Trains > DF GopherCam

Date: 01/14/20 14:51
DF GopherCam
Author: BoilingMan

#6 (14) at Dutch Flat, CA today with 816 on the point.  Last night's dusting of snow has already faded away, but, no worries, more is expected later this week.
SR

Date: 01/14/20 16:36
Re: DF GopherCam
Author: SP4360

Nice angle Land Lubber!

Date: 01/14/20 16:46

I don’t know who the crew was today, but I’m pretty sure they’re thinking, “Oh, great- NOW what!”.
You can almost hear their eyes rolling.
SR

Date: 01/14/20 20:39
Author: WoodrowStool

Absolutely fantastic, and always a treat to see an Amtrak related post that isn't complaining about the food or the senior management.

That is one outstanding shot, thank you!

Date: 01/14/20 20:52
Author: PHall

WoodrowStool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Absolutely fantastic, and always a treat to see an
> Amtrak related post that isn't complaining about
> the food or the senior management.
>
> That is one outstanding shot, thank you!

Just stay away from the Passenger Board and you won't have to deal with that nonsense.

Date: 01/14/20 21:50

I suppose after 32yrs w Amtrak I could have as bad an attitude as anyone out there- and, indeed, it wasn’t all “Pop-Tarts with Kim Novak”
But, then again, what the heck...
SR

Date: 01/15/20 06:12
Author: BaltimoreOhio

I'm going to concur with the statements above.  First and foremost, fantastic photograph.  But second....I've been blessed to travel all over the country.  And whenever I spend the night in an Amtrak-served community, I still enjoy going down to the depot and watching the train come in.  I still enjoy watching a soldier in uniform step off the train and being greeting by his/her family on the platform.  Or grandparents taking their grandchildren on their first train ride.  Those things happen every day all across the country, and occassionally someone on TO will post a picture that captures such moments.  A few years back, my grandfather had turned 100 and he and I made a round-trip from Johnstown to Harrisburg, and the Amtrak personnel treated him like royalty.  I'm not suggesting the complaints we hear about Amtrak on this board are without merit, because most of us have been there at one time or another.  But there are good moments as well.  And there is certainly no shortage of fantastic Amtrak pictures, like the one above, that show up here on a regular basis.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/20 06:13 by BaltimoreOhio.

Date: 01/15/20 12:39
Author: sp3204

Railroad Retirement beats the crap out of straight Social Security...32 years worth should work okay hopwefully.

Date: 01/15/20 12:51

Yes, we (Amtrak & I) finally came to an acceptable arrangement that REALLY works:
They pay me.
I stay home and just take pictures of their trains.

Sweet!
SR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/20 12:52 by BoilingMan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0573 seconds