Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Passenger Trains > NY MTA selects firms to bid on Metro-North Penn Station project

Date: 02/11/20 11:41
NY MTA selects firms to bid on Metro-North Penn Station project
Author: joemvcnj

Date: 02/11/20 13:11
Re: NY MTA selects firms to bid on Metro-North Penn Station proje
Author: njmidland

Will Amtrak be able to randomly stab Metro North trains on their line east of New Rochelle the way Metro North takes a devilish delight in doing that to Amtrak trains between New Rochelle and New Haven?

Date: 02/11/20 14:25

MN does that, but every trip I take on an Amtrak train on the New Haven Line, Amtrak is very late. Miss your slot - you get stabbed. In the southbound Vermonter's case, NECR's signals and grade crossings always  seem to have problems.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/20 14:37 by joemvcnj.

Date: 02/11/20 14:59
Author: toledopatch

And if I recall correctly what I have read, additional track is to be built between Hunt's Point and Pelham Bay -- though I don't recall the extent of it -- to allow the commuter trains to make their East Bronx station stops without slagging the Amtrak expresses.

Date: 02/11/20 15:12

LIRR-style 3rd rail would be extended onto the Hell Gate Line from Harold to "Gate", which is about a mile or so in Queens so that the M-8's can avoid 25-cycle catenary since their transformers can't support it. 

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?msa=0&mid=17_5gxc-D6E8Nv5SDvm_iuCn1s4s&ll=40.76168296491467%2C-73.92679450000003&z=13

Date: 02/12/20 16:44
Author: Passfanatic

The plan is to have four tracks on the Hellgate Line in the Bronx. There is plenty of space to do that as well as add station platforms. This will enable Amtrak trains to pass stopped MNR trains. I really hope that, in addition to running during the week, MNR is planning on running trains on the Hellgate Line on weekends. People work on weekends all over, especially in Manhattan as well as in Westchester County and Fairfield County. In addition, people who live in Co-op City, Parkchester, Morris Park, and Hunts Point might want to spend a day shopping and sightseeing in Manhattan.
There might be people who might want to head to Pelham Bay Park and City Island for the day. I hope that MTA is considering building some sort of access road from Shore Road to the Co-op City Station. That would help people using Co-op City Station who might live in City Island or who are heading there. That would also help people who are heading to Orchard Beach.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0382 seconds