Home Open Account Help 361 users online

Passenger Trains > FRA proposes on-time performance measure for Amtrak

Date: 03/23/20 10:14
FRA proposes on-time performance measure for Amtrak
Author: TAW

[url=https://www.progressiverailroading.com/federal_legislation_regulation/news/FRA-proposes-on-time-performance-measure-for-Amtrak--60035?email=taw@vtd.net&utm_medium=email&utm_source=prdailynews&utm_campaign=prdailynews3/23/2020]https://www.progressiverailroading.com/federal_legislation_regulation/news/FRA-proposes-on-time-performance-measure-for-Amtrak--60035?email=taw@vtd.net&utm_medium=email&utm_source=prdailynews&utm_campaign=prdailynews3/23/2020[/url]

But...

1. 80% isn't all that good.

2. US railroads odn't know how to do it.

Like Mussolini, FRA won't make the trains run on time.

TAW

Date: 03/23/20 10:26
Re: FRA proposes on-time performance measure for Amtrak
Author: Latebeans

There was a lot of schedule padding under El Duce

Posted from Android

Date: 03/23/20 11:00
Author: TAW

Latebeans Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There was a lot of schedule padding under El Duce
>

Yes, but research led me to find out that the trains were generally "on time" because nobody dared to say that they were not.

TAW

Date: 03/23/20 12:12
Author: OliveHeights

I think that is the answer Tom.  

Date: 03/23/20 13:27
Author: colehour

I suspect that many Italians had a rather broad concept of what "on time" meant. 

Lest you think that I am unfairly caricaturing Italians, they themselves joke about this. I lived in Italy for six years. Some of my Italian friends would specify "German time" when they really wanted something to start on time. Once you get used to this it is rather refreshing, to be honest. 

On the other hand, they have a superb passenger train system. It was a big letdown for me when I returned to the States. 

Of course, the buses in Rome are still erratic and occasionally catch fire...

Date: 03/23/20 22:46
Author: ORNHOO

For the last few days there seems to have been a lot of green icons on ASM transitdocs,at least in the west, result of decline in freight traffic?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0311 seconds