Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Passenger Trains > CDC COVID-19 daily report

Date: 03/23/20 15:23
CDC COVID-19 daily report
Author: GenePoon

This is the 22MAY2020 graphic from the US Centers for Disease Control, showing reported COVID-19 cases day by day.  If we disregard the last few days (where, as noted, complete data may not yet be entered), it still shows a decline in reported cases over the past three reporting days.  This statistic represents community-spread disease and does not include those repatriated from outside the USA.The virus got a big head start in the Northeast USA compared to the rest of the country, so this doesn't mean it is on the decline all across the country, nor does it represent being "out of the woods."

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html?deliveryName=USCDC_2067-DM23558

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/20 16:31 by GenePoon.

Date: 03/23/20 15:32
Re: CDC COVID-19 daily report
Author: AmHog

We can only hope and pray that it peaks soon.....

Date: 03/23/20 15:37
Author: BobP

AmHog Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We can only hope and pray that it peaks soon.....

It will as in past epidemics.
But no one can guess at the length after the peak.
Hang in there.

Date: 03/23/20 15:39
Author: OTG

IF that graph truly represents a decline in Covid cases (I personally know some people in New York who have the right symptoms but cannot get tested due to limited testing supplies and their lack of risk factors, so I question anything official if they're not testing everybody) then I'm shocked.  I figured the peak would happen in the US during the first week of April, and "normal" life (people going to work, no longer hoarding Toilet Paper, train schedules being gradually expanded again) would start resuming about 10-20 days after, (but true "normalcy", as subjective as it is wouldn't actually be attained before about July sometime, maybe in time for everyone to celebrate July 4th).

I HOPE it's a good sign that this will be over quicker than expected.

Stay healthy and keep hiding in your caves everybody!

Date: 03/23/20 16:08
Author: joemvcnj

If we pull down our safeguards and get complacent too soon, it can come roaring right back. 

After we all saw the disgraceful scene at Florida beaches over a week ago, with California now under lockdown, the idiots were flocking to Huntington Beach, CA.

New York City will run out of medical supplies, including masks and breathing machines, in 10 days  to 2 weeks. All hospitals in the state have been ordered to increase capacity by 50%. 

I don't believe that graph. All graphs below show it is still out of control

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/20 16:21 by joemvcnj.

Date: 03/23/20 16:12
Author: Ray_Murphy

The data in that chart is suspect. The number of US cases is now >40,000. There was an increase in New York >5,000 in the last day alone.

Ray

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/20 16:12 by Ray_Murphy.

Date: 03/23/20 16:29
Author: robj

Ray_Murphy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The data in that chart is suspect. The number of
> US cases is now >40,000. There was an increase in
> New York >5,000 in the last day alone.
>
> Ray

Yes, absolutly, however, the number of cases listed is "community spread cases" only, those where there is no know source.?  So the data may only reflect some incomplete reporting as noted most cases are of undetermined orgin leaving this misleading graph.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/20 16:33 by robj.

Date: 03/23/20 16:49
Author: goneon66

i think we need more testing to KNOW exactly how many people have covid-19 AND where these INFECTED clusters are so they can be quarantined. 

more importantly, how many people have died all over the world that were NOT even tested for covid-19??????????

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/20 17:41 by goneon66.

Date: 03/23/20 17:39
Author: Tominde

So many more cases in the northeast due to lack of testing.    Lack of ppe and mask for test personnel even if kits available. 

Date: 03/24/20 14:23
Author: MEKoch

We should all ride the Empire Builder to Montana, where five cases are reported in the state..........

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.052 seconds