Home Open Account Help 311 users online

Passenger Trains > Last Donner Storm for #5 for 2019-20?

Date: 05/18/20 17:03
Last Donner Storm for #5 for 2019-20?
Author: BoilingMan

Of course you never know, but the current Spring storm on Donner Pass is likely the last of the 2019-20 season.  (well, the last for me anyway- I'm headed to the Sea of Cortez next week)  I caught #5 at Yuba Pass this morning.  I had hoped to intercept them a bit higher up The Hill, but Spring snow makes for about the worst conditions on Donner, and it's best to take it slow!
SR

I later shot #6 at Norden- I'll post the photo on the Western Forum.

Date: 05/18/20 17:10
Re: Last Donner Storm for #5 for 2019-20?
Author: WAF

Can still snow in June

Date: 05/18/20 19:22
Author: PHall

Well now that you said it's the "last" storm you just know there will be another.
The Weather Gods do not like being teased!

Date: 05/18/20 22:14
Author: pdt

I dont know who you are, or why the handle "BoilingMan", but u and a few other ppl on TO need to teach everyone else how to take photos..

This is a boring train on an over photographed piece of RR, and the the Photo is just Great.    Of course u have good equipment (or so it seems), and take the time to set up for the shot...but even so...its just a great shot.   A UP yellow engine here would ruin it.  Yellow, white, and black is not a good color combination. And the low light muting the Amtk blue helps a lot.

I stopped taking pix years ago.  It takes a lot of time, which I dont have.  And i never went out and got really good equipment.   Even while we are all "staying at home", Ive got way too much to do.

Date: 05/18/20 23:06
Author: BoilingMan

Whoa.
Thank you!
My photos are mostly “storyboarded” (possibility not a real word?). In other words- I think up a shot based on either a visual composition, or a story I want to tell- or even better, a combination of the two. Then I go out and put the idea on paper (well, digital paper nowadays).
My camera is a Canon 5D III- not the latest tech, but it sure takes a beating!
SR

Oh, and BoilingMan is a play on BurningMan- the annual art thing in the desert. For several years, in the Fall, I’d head down to Chama, NM to attend “BoilingMan”- a week of reveling in all things skinny.

Again, thank you for the kind words.

Date: 05/19/20 18:39
Author: IC_2024

BoilingMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whoa.
> Thank you!
> years, in the Fall, I’d head down to Chama, NM
> to attend “BoilingMan”- a week of reveling in
> all things skinny.
>
> Again, thank you for the kind words.

“All things “skinny” or all things “steamy”— Or both?!? (Dayum autocorrect !!)
Ohhh SR— you always entertain all of us on here, and thanks for the cookies, too!!

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/20 18:39 by IC_2024.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0451 seconds