Home Open Account Help 192 users online

Passenger Trains > Pullman Royal Street

Date: 06/07/01 06:13
Pullman Royal Street
Author: scott

Looking good on the rear of AMTK #303 5-26 at IDP station.

Date: 06/07/01 06:45
RE: Pullman Royal Street
Author: MEKoch

Were these cars originally built for the SR Royal Palm? Cincinnati to Atlanta?

Date: 06/07/01 09:54
Author: jachoochoo

According to Wayner, there were 8 identical 5DBR-Lge. cars built in 1950:
SR Royal Arch
L&N Royal Canal
L&N Royal Street
WofA Royal Palace (for the Crescent)

SR Royal Court
SR Royal Palm
NYC Royal Crest
FEC Azalea (for the Royal Palm)

Date: 06/07/01 10:07
RE: What became of the 8 cars ?
Author: jack_deasy

I wonder what became of these 8 cars? Here is what I can contribute:

SR Royal Arch
???

L&N Royal Canal
???

L&N Royal Street
Amtrak certified PV in 2001.

WofA Royal Palace (for the Crescent)
Owned by Royal Rail (Don Primi) and stored in Florida. Not Amtrak certified for PV use.

SR Royal Court
Modified to mid-train 11 dbr car. Owned by Royal Rail (Don Primi) and stored in Florida. Not Amtrak certified for PV use.

SR Royal Palm
Modified to mid-train 11 dbr car. Owned by Royal Rail (Don Primi) and stored in Florida. Not Amtrak certified for PV use.

NYC Royal Crest
???

FEC Azalea (for the Royal Palm)
FEC's primary business car in 2001.

Date: 06/07/01 11:08
Author: CharlieA.

Currently maintained by "American Rail Excursions", based out of St. Louis, MO. This car has recently completed a comprehensive overhaul and will be featured on several upcoming ARE trips. Royal Street is scheduled to grace the consist of Bennett Levin's "Northern Express" in August 2001. The Harriburg to Erie, PA "luxury" special will cover extensive "rare" mileage including a run down the B&LE main and be powered by Levin's refurnished ex- Conrail Executive E-8's, restored to original Pennsy livery and numbers.

Date: 06/07/01 11:59
Author: Topfuel

Jack,

The Royal Crest was supposedly destroyed in a rear end collision on the UP in 1951, I believe. I think the Royal Arch (converted to an 11 bedroom car) was wrecked in a derailment of the Crescent in '78. The Royal Canal was owned by a private party in Columbus, Ohio for many years, but they would never sell it. It was fire damaged in recent years and the damaged stripped out shell is now in the hands of the ORHC.

Date: 06/07/01 17:26
Author: jlosal

The car in Ohio is in terrible condition.It would take more money to fix it,than what it is worth.I always wondered what the name was.
The A&WP car was in Panama City,Fl several years ago.Being used as a
office.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds