Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Passenger Trains > Capital Corridor Trains 728 & 737 to Colfax on Weekends

Date: 06/02/20 13:06
Capital Corridor Trains 728 & 737 to Colfax on Weekends
Author: 6088

I see looking at a  Capital Cooridor schedule that on the weekends 1 train goes to Colfax.  So when anyone know if they trains at Auburn stop on the main, or go into the depot track, and come back out?  Or is the Colfax portion a bus connection?  Thinking about a trip, and would like to go as far as I can.

Thank you,

Date: 06/02/20 15:17
Re: Capital Corridor Trains 728 & 737 to Colfax on Weekends
Author: peh934

6088 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I see looking at a  Capital Corridor schedule
> that on the weekends 1 train goes to Colfax.  So
> when anyone know if they trains at Auburn stop on
> the main, or go into the depot track, and come
> back out?  Or is the Colfax portion a bus
> connection?  Thinking about a trip, and would
> like to go as far as I can.
>
> Thank you,
>
> 6088

For the weekend trains 728 & 737 all stops east of Sacramento are served by bus.  Check out https://www.capitolcorridor.org/trainschedule/Train_Schedules.pdf which is clearer than the web schedule.

Date: 06/02/20 17:56
Author: PHall

As of June 1 one train originates and terminates in Auburn.

Date: 06/03/20 15:28
Author: all-nite-junk-train

Are there two passenger stations in Auburn? One each for
the widely separated main#1 and main#2?

Date: 06/03/20 16:57
Author: Auburnrail

Just one. On the #2 track north of I 80 on Nevada St.

Date: 06/04/20 16:22
Author: zorz

Date: 06/04/20 16:54
Author: 6088

Correct, that is the reason for my question, the one train on Saturday and Sunday that seem to go past Auburn to Colfax, if it is indeed by train and not bus, I am wondering if the train goes into the station, does their work there, pull back to the main, and head east or do they do the work on the main.  There doesn't seem to be any walkways from the main, and the crossing is a little ways from the station, so hard to tell.  Maybe they haven't figured it out yet, if this started on the 1st and Saturday would be the first one.

Thanks.

Date: 06/06/20 08:54
Capital Corridor - futures?
Author: djansson

The envisioned plan is to eventually add another Auburn train; the siding there is (barely!) long enough for two five car trains but could be extended a little..

There are also plans to build tracks in Roseville (by the High School) to store the trains that currently overnight in Sacramento, which would add Roseville as the end Capitol Corridor terminal. These plans are in part coupled with the long-planned addition of a third main between Sacramento and Roseville.

But it's all just paperwork now. The economy has to get fully up to speed before any new projects will be initiated.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0328 seconds