Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Passenger Trains > Longer Consist on the Southwest Chief

Date: 06/02/20 16:45
Longer Consist on the Southwest Chief
Author: YardLimit

Close to a normal consist? Amtrak 4 passes through north Albuquerque, New Mexico with two sleepers, dining car, lounge car, and three coach cars. June 2, 2020

Date: 06/02/20 17:08
Re: Longer Consist on the Southwest Chief
Author: co614

Friend of mine just work a trip on # 3. He reports 11 in sleepers out of Chicago, about 45 in coaches and west of KC " almost no one".

Ross Rowland 

Date: 06/02/20 17:57
Author: PHall

Still missing the Transition Sleeper and the Baggage Car.

Date: 06/02/20 21:00
Author: kcpsbn

3 of 6-2 through La Plata, MO has usual 5 car consist

Date: 06/03/20 04:41
Author: YardLimit

YardLimit Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Close to a normal consist? Amtrak 4 passes through
> north Albuquerque, New Mexico with two sleepers,
> dining car, lounge car, and three coach cars. June
> 2, 2020

Passenger on this train writes:   I just got off that train at Newton, boarding at Albuquerque. The front sleeper was used as a crew dorm. I was in a bedroom in the 2nd sleeper. There were only 3 rooms open in our car. The 3 coaches were all limited to 50% capacity, and were almost full by that standard. The Dining Car was open only to sleeper passengers. We could eat in there or in our rooms. The meals are still the Covid19 abbreviated menu. The Chefs are supposed to be brought back soon and the regular full menu will return. The Cafe was running out of stuff fast. Still a good trip. Number 3 was a ghost train 2 weeks ago from Newton to Albuquerque, with only my wife and I as passengers in a single sleeper that was also half crew car...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0373 seconds