Home Open Account Help 358 users online

Passenger Trains > Metrolink Riverside (California)

Date: 06/03/20 21:20
Metrolink Riverside (California)
Author: commissioner

Do the Metrolink trains on the UP lines layover on the south side of the BNSF mains or do they layover on the north side? and which platform does Amtrak use? TIA

Mark Kennebeck
Saint Paul, MN

Date: 06/03/20 23:21
Re: Metrolink Riverside (California)
Author: mundo

Riverside line trains layover on northside storage/station tracks.

Amtrak uses south platform on BNSF main 3.  But could be lined through the southside station track if necessary.  The first night of Amtrak train #4 using the station this is what they did.

Main 1-2 have no platforms, but main 1 could be lined into an station track that connects on boith ends. Belive this is now called station track 2, but in past it was station track 1. God knows what its Metrolink calls it now.
This through station track has been used by freights and I have a photo of a UP train on it. And if BNSF main 3 is blocked, then station track off main line could be used by Amtrak.

BUT,  the northside station tracks at night and weekends have trains stored on them,. so that reduces freight or Amtrak detours off main one.

Future expanion will see a two track platform on the south side, with a station track  lead off Main 3 and a rework of West Riverside  JCTBNSF-UP connections.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/20 23:24 by mundo.

Date: 06/10/20 08:56
Author: commissioner

Thanks for the response Mundo! Follow up question if I may. I'm trying to figure out what Metrolink trains become what trains that terminate at Riverside Downtown, i.e train 700 turns into 711? Thanks in advance

Mark Kennebeck
Saint Paul, MN

Date: 06/11/20 14:57
Author: mundo

Sorry, no current info,  plus reduction in service. I no longer work at the station.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0641 seconds